Physical Therapist (PT) - Full Time Per Visit - Home Health
Company: AGING WELL HEALTH CARE LLC
Location: Saint Louis
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Job Summary:A Registered Physical Therapist (PT) administers
physical therapy to patients on an intermittent basis in their
place of residence. This is performed in accordance with physician
orders and plan of care under the direction and supervision of the
Director of Therapy, Home Health.Responsibilities:
- Understands and adheres to established policies and
- Provides physician prescribed physical therapy.
- Improves or minimizes residual physical disabilities of the
- Returns the individual to optimum and productive level within
the patient's capabilities.
- Participates with all other health care personnel in patient
- Directs and supervises personnel as required.
- Takes initial history and makes initial evaluation.
- Performs all skilled procedures as ordered by physician.
- Consults with physicians regarding change in treatment.
- Writes reports to physicians regarding patient's progress.
- Instructs patients and family/significant others in home
programs and activities of daily living.
- Participates in in-service programs and presents in-service
programs as assigned.
- Participates in performance improvement activities as
- Attends all patient care conferences as scheduled.
- Prepares clinical and progress notes.
- Assists physician with evaluating level of function.
- Helps develop the plan of care and revise as necessary.
- Consults with family and Agency personnel.
- Completes and submits OASIS assessments, reassessments,
transfers, resumptions of care, discharges and significant change
in condition in accordance with Agency defined time frames.
- Appropriately utilizes ICD-9 codes.Working Environment:Works
indoors in Agency office and patient homes and travels to/from
patient homes.Job Relationships
- Supervised by: Director of Therapy, Home Health
- Workers Supervised: Physical Therapy Assistant and Home Health
Aide as assignedRisk Exposure:High risk#CB
- Graduate from a physical therapist curriculum approved by the
American Physical Therapy Association, or the Committee on Allied
Health Education and Accreditation of the American Medical
Association, or the Council of Medical Education of the American
Medical Association and American Physical Therapy Association.
Currently licensed in the state(s) in which practicing.
- Two (2) years experience, preferred.
- Acceptance of philosophy and goals of this Agency.
- Ability to exercise initiative and independent
judgment.Physical Requirements:Ability to perform the following
tasks if necessary:
- Ability to participate in physical activity.
- Ability to work for extended period of time while standing and
being involved in physical activity.
- Heavy lifting.
- Ability to do extensive bending, lifting and standing on a
Keywords: AGING WELL HEALTH CARE LLC, St. Louis , Physical Therapist (PT) - Full Time Per Visit - Home Health, Other , Saint Louis, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!