Patient Accounts Representative, Sr.
Company: SSM Health
Location: Saint Louis
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Responsible for processing patient accounts. Duties may include
one or more of the following: processing insurance payments,
following up on denied claims, and resolving credit balances. May
work in multiple functional areas.PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Processes the insurance component of a patient's obligation
using the third party claims processing and payment rules. Bills
- Follows up on denied claims by performing appeals and denial
recovery procedures. Works denied claim lines and no response
claims to resolve outstanding accounts.
- Analyzes credit balances on patient accounts and resolves.
Responds to refund request letters from insurance carriers.
- Identifies process improvement opportunities and participates
in improvement plans.
- Works on special projects as needed.
- May review the work of others.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- One year experiencePHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing
- Frequent sitting, standing, walking, reaching and repetitive
foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
- Frequent use of vision and depth perception for distances near
(20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more) and to identify and
- Frequent use of hearing and speech to share information through
oral communication. Ability to hear alarms, malfunctioning
- Frequent keyboard use/data entry.
- Occasional bending, stooping, kneeling, squatting, twisting and
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects
weighing 25-50 lbs.
- Rare climbing.Required
Keywords: SSM Health, St. Louis , Patient Accounts Representative, Sr., Other , Saint Louis, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!