Surgical Technologist Certified
Company: SSM Health
Location: Saint Louis
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Responsible for the provision of patient care activities and
related non-professional services necessary for the care of
patients and the maintenance of the Operating Room under the
direction of a Registered Nurse. Sets up Operating Room with needed
items for patient care; gathers supplies, x-rays, instruments,
etc., for cases; handles instruments during procedures.
Communicates information to the RN regarding patients.PRIMARY
- Practices and implements the technical components of patient
care under the supervision of a registered nurse.
- Collaborates with the RN and other healthcare professionals. to
implement a plan of care that incorporates physician preferences,
nursing assessments and diagnostic data in a manner that is
prioritized, timely, and integrated with the plan of care.
- Prepares equipment, supply and resource needs based on an
individualized plan of care. Re-evaluates and modifies resource
needs as needed.
- Communicates accurate and timely information to the Registered
Nurse regarding patients in their care.
- Demonstrates knowledge and skills necessary to perform all
aspects of a variety of surgical procedures. Maintains knowledge
and skills to properly operate all surgical equipment and
instruments. Utilizes appropriate aseptic technique when handling
supplies, instruments, and equipment.
- Follows laboratory policy and procedure to correctly handle and
label all laboratory specimens.
- Documents quality controls thoroughly and accurately according
to unit specific standards.
- Demonstrates competence in problem solving, conflict
resolution, and team building. Serves as a resource to other team
- Organizes and utilizes time efficiently. Demonstrates
appropriate prioritization. Maintains an organized work
- Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.EDUCATION
- Graduate of a technical program for operating room
- No experience requiredPHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Constant use of vision to judge distances and spatial
relationships and to identify and distinguish colors.
- Constant use of hearing to receive oral communication,
distinguish body sounds and/or hear alarms, malfunctioning
- Constant lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing
- Constant standing and walking.
- Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing
- Frequent lifting/moving patients.
- Frequent bending, stooping, reaching and gripping.
- Frequent use of clear vision at 20 inches or less.
- Frequent use of speech to share information through oral
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects
weighing over 50 lbs.
- Occasional use of clear vision at 20 feet or more.
- Occasional use of sitting, squatting, twisting and repetitive
foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
- Occasional keyboard use/data entry.
- Rare kneeling.Required
Keywords: SSM Health, St. Louis , Surgical Technologist Certified, Other , Saint Louis, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!