Patient Financial Services Representative I
Company: SSM Health
Location: Saint Louis
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Responsible for determining the patient financial component for
patient services. Estimates, communicates and collects the patient
financial responsibility and provides patient financial
- Assists patients in understanding their insurance benefits
including their co-payment, deductible and co-insurance
- Educates patient regarding financial assistance programs when
- Obtains patient demographic information and requests financial
responsibility from the patient.
- Determines patient qualification for coverage by third-party
payer and informs financial counselor, patient or family member of
- Verifies all commercial insurance coverage, workers
compensation insurance, TPL insurance and state and government
- Documents and resolves patient concerns or inquiries that are
received via telephone, mail or walk-in within an established time
- Validates Master Patient Index according to departmental
- Interprets physician orders.
- Performs other duties as assigned.EDUCATION
- High school diploma or equivalentEXPERIENCE
- No experience requiredPHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing
- Frequent sitting, standing, walking, reaching and repetitive
foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
- Frequent use of vision and depth perception for distances near
(20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more) and to identify and
- Frequent use of hearing and speech to share information through
oral communication. Ability to hear alarms, malfunctioning
- Frequent keyboard use/data entry.
- Occasional bending, stooping, kneeling, squatting, twisting and
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects
weighing 25-50 lbs.
- Rare climbing. Associated topics: account representative,
accounts receivable, auction, auto, balance, collection, collection
specialist, collector, finance, overdue
Keywords: SSM Health, St. Louis , Patient Financial Services Representative I, Other , Saint Louis, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!