Company: SSM Health
Location: Saint Louis
Posted on: June 25, 2022
SIGN ON BONUS ELIGIBLE!Operates a scanner to obtain images used
to diagnose and treat of pathologies.PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepares and positions patients and selects anatomic and
technical parameters accurately to produce cross-sectional images
of the body.
- Performs patient pre-screening, scheduling, and education
related to the examination.
- Enters and monitors patient data and transfers images.
- Prepares and administers contrast media and/or medications
within the accepted scope of practice and applicable state and
- Ensures prompt submission of high-quality of all images and
documents sent to PACS (image quality, correct lead markers and
- Ensures equipment is properly functioning. Reports potential
problems or equipment malfunction to appropriate personnel.
- Assists in maintaining a clean, and orderly department to
include procedure rooms, storage areas, dressing rooms, film
storage area and any other areas in department.
- Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Associate's degree
- No experience requiredPHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Constant standing and walking.
- Frequent use of vision and depth perception for distances near
(20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more).
- Frequent use of hearing and speech to share information through
- Frequent use of hearing to distinguish body sounds and/or hear
alarms, malfunctioning machinery, etc.
- Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing
- Frequent lifting/moving of patients.
- Frequent reaching, gripping and keyboard use/data entry.
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects
weighing 25-50 lbs.
- Occasional use of vision to identify and distinguish
- Occasional bending, stooping, squatting, twisting and
repetitive foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
- Rare kneeling and sitting.Required
Keywords: SSM Health, St. Louis , MRI Technologist, Other , Saint Louis, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!