Company: SSM Health
Location: Saint Louis
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Performs diagnostic procedures on patients using ultrasound
waves to examine tissue and body structure, providing quality
images for interpretation. The registration requirement for this
position is a registered sonographer holding two or more registries
appropriate for the department(s) in which the sonographer works.
Ex: ABD/OB, ABD/MSK, ABD/BR, OB/FEPRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Second registry must be used in primary department or secondary
department 30% of the time.
- Sets up and adjusts all equipment and manually maneuvers
transducers to perform exams.
- Implements safety standards and performs appropriate quality
- Performs routine and complex studies and assists in a variety
of imaging procedures.
- Recognizes significant structures, artifacts, pathology and
- Ensures equipment is properly functioning. Reports potential
problems or equipment malfunction to appropriate personnel.
Lock/tag out equipment if appropriate.
- Ensures prompt submission of all high-quality images and
documents sent to PACS (image quality,images labeled correctlyand
- Assists in maintaining a clean, and orderly department to
include procedure rooms, storage areas, dressing rooms and any
other areas in department.
- Maintains compliance with regulatory agencies.
- Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Associate's degree or completion of a Sonography certification
- No experience requiredPHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Constant standing and walking.
- Frequent use of vision and depth perception for distances near
(20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more).
- Frequent use of hearing and speech to share information through
- Frequent use of hearing to distinguish body sounds and/or hear
alarms, malfunctioning machinery, etc.
- Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing
- Frequent lifting/moving of patients.
- Frequent reaching, gripping and keyboard use/data entry.
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects
weighing 25-50 lbs.
- Occasional use of vision to identify and distinguish
- Occasional bending, stooping, squatting, twisting and
repetitive foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
- Rare kneeling and sitting.Required
Keywords: SSM Health, St. Louis , Sonographer II, Other , Saint Louis, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!