Senior Commercial Insurance, Middle Market Underwriter - Remote
Company: The Jonus Group
Location: Saint Louis
Posted on: June 24, 2022
Our client, a leading Insurance Carrier, is expanding their Middle
Markets Commercial Lines business and seeking to add a Senior
Commercial Middle Market Underwriter to their operations. This
person would be responsible for identifying and developing
Commercial Lines business opportunities within the region. Duties
also include analyzing underwriting information, conducting proper
risk selection, and premium determination. This person would also
be able to work remotely in a hybrid capacity!
- Administer and monitor underwriting rules and guidelines,
insurance laws and regulations, and rating annual rules.
- Review loss experience, insurance to value, loss control
reports, in additional to other relevant risk factors.
- Make independent decisions within underwriting letter of
authority and maintains proper file documentation; assist in
developing annual business goals for assigned
- Responsible for analyzing results and maintaining
accountability of agency partners within the department.
- Determine appropriate premium levels and coverages for
commercial package and umbrella policies based on filed rates and
individual risk characteristics.
- Effectively display the ability to build and foster
relationships by managing assigned territories, agents, and
- Proactively seek renewal and new account opportunities.
- 3 - 7+ years of Commercial Lines Underwriting experience
- Strong underwriting knowledge in the following lines of
business: General Liability, Auto, Workers' Compensation, E&O,
Property, Umbrella, and Multinational
- Strong communication, analytical skills, and business
- Existing relationships with contractor agents and producers
within the Region.
- Bachelor's Degree is strongly desired.
- $100,000 to $125,000+ annual base salary plus 10-20% Annual
- Flex schedule and ability to work remotely
- Extremely competitive Medical, Dental, Vision and Life
- Employer matching 401(k) plan
- Generous PTO plan
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan with employer matching
Keywords: The Jonus Group, St. Louis , Senior Commercial Insurance, Middle Market Underwriter - Remote, Other , Saint Louis, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!