Location: Saint Louis
Posted on: May 16, 2022
This position is responsible for maintaining the furnace and boiler
operations as well as the equipment. The Furnace Operator is
empowered to make decisions and take actions as required to meet
daily and long-term goals. The Operator works under minimum
supervision in a team environment.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Start up and shut down equipment especially to meet quality
- Operate production processing and material handling systems, some
by computer control.
- Monitor system outputs - including charts, gauges, flow
indicators, computer displays and printouts.
- Control, adjust rates as required to balance related process
- Perform quality control tests on process samples for process
control and assurance of product quality.
- Maintain reliable operations of furnace, dissolving, and related
equipment: i.e., pumps, motors, bearings, etc.
- Requires detailed knowledge of entire process, SJP'S, and
emergency procedures. Occasionally required to lift up to 60
pounds. Stands or walks with intermittent climbing. Requires visual
- Exercises judgment, discretion, and rapid decision making in
situations involving operational problems, unexpected occurrences,
- Maintain safe working conditions and practices.
- Assure maintenance of environmental control of plant facility as
dictated by permits and state regulations, including the safe and
orderly disposition of hazardous waste.
- Perform various self-directed Continuous Quality Improvement team
- Communicate problems, instructions, observations, and request
orally and in writing to team members and other departments.
- Operates the liquid sodium silicate plant. Schedules the batch
making, reacting, and processing of liquid sodium silicate
according to safe job procedures (SJP'S). Responds to system alarms
by determining problem and taking corrective action.
- Controls the processes through the use of statistical process
control, to include:
*Sampling and performing tests as needed.
*Setting up and plotting data on control charts.
*Diagnosing process and taking action as required.
- Performs key coordinating duties for emergency response
situations; notifying and working with police, fire and ambulance
personnel as required.
- Exhibits all skill requirements for production operations,
operations any production equipment, performs miscellaneous duties
- Performs quality control tests according to SJP'S to include:
*Product % Na2O
*Process water turbidity
*Process water Baume'
*Process water hardness
- Performs all daily manufacturing building greasing and
- Communicates process problems, instructions, observations, and
requests in writing through the use of established systems,
*Production data sheets
*SPC charts, etc.
- Maintains acceptable housekeeping
Keywords: PQ, St. Louis , Furnace Operator, Other , Saint Louis, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!