Accounts Receivable Specialist
Company: Midwest Industrial Rubber Inc
Location: Saint Louis
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Job DescriptionMidwest Industrial Rubber, Inc. Job Profile Job
Title: Accounts Receivable Specialist Reports To: Controller
Location: Corporate Headquarters inSt. Louis (Westport
area)Summary: Records, verifies, and maintains accounts receivable
information by performing the following duties.Essential Duties and
Responsibilities may include any of the following. Other duties may
be assigned.Accounts Receivable & Customer Service
- Accounts Receivable Specialist will interact extensively with
customers and MIR branch employees.Utilize customer service skills
to contact customers regarding open invoices and payment status via
fax, email and telephone.
- Work closely with various branch locations to investigate and
resolve accounts receivable discrepancies.
- Complete and file monthly sales tax returns for 20+ states
- Set-up and contact new customers
- Maintain and Update Customer Files, including tax exemption
- Accounts Receivable Specialist will record daily bank deposits
and ACH paymentsProcess Credit Card Transactions General Accounting
- Assist in monthly and annual closings.
- Work with the Controller to investigate, correct, and follow up
on any inaccuracies identified.
- Accounts Receivable Specialist provide support to Controller as
- Project a professional and courteous demeanor when
communicating with supervisors, co-workers, customers and vendors.
Education and Experience1 to 2 years related customer service or
accounting experience preferred. Experience with Word, Excel and
Outlook preferred. High school diploma or general education degree
(GED) required.Behavior and Communication Skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Time management.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Interpersonal and team skills.
- Act with integrity, demonstrate adaptability, and develop self
through learning and feedback.
- Convey a sense of urgency, persistence, and commitment.
- Think strategically, analyze issues, use sound judgment, and
innovate. MIR's BenefitsWhile we've grown significantly over the
years, MIR is also proud to still have a small business atmosphere
that values warmth and personal attention. You'll never be just an
employee number at MIR – each of our employees holds a valued place
in our organization.Our benefits include medical, dental, vision,
life insurance, short-term and long-term disability, flexible
spending account, 401k, and tuition reimbursement.To highlight a
few:Medical Insurance: MIR pays 90% of the premium for
employee-only coverage, leaving only 10% for the employee to pay
for. We also offer family coverage and 10% of the premium is
covered by MIR.Long Term Disability: MIR pays 100% of the cost for
each employee's long term disability coverage.401k: MIR contributes
3% of an employees salary. The employee is not required to match or
contribute to receive the MIR contribution of 3%.Tuition
Reimbursement: MIR reimburses up to 90% of tuition, after 1 year of
employment, for Undergraduate AND Graduate education.
Keywords: Midwest Industrial Rubber Inc, St. Louis , Accounts Receivable Specialist, Other , Saint Louis, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!