StLouisRecruiter Since 2001
the smart solution for St. Louis jobs

Accounts Receivable Specialist

Company: Midwest Industrial Rubber Inc
Location: Saint Louis
Posted on: May 16, 2022

Job Description:

Job DescriptionMidwest Industrial Rubber, Inc. Job Profile Job Title: Accounts Receivable Specialist Reports To: Controller Location: Corporate Headquarters inSt. Louis (Westport area)Summary: Records, verifies, and maintains accounts receivable information by performing the following duties.Essential Duties and Responsibilities may include any of the following. Other duties may be assigned.Accounts Receivable & Customer Service

  • Accounts Receivable Specialist will interact extensively with customers and MIR branch employees.Utilize customer service skills to contact customers regarding open invoices and payment status via fax, email and telephone.
  • Work closely with various branch locations to investigate and resolve accounts receivable discrepancies.
  • Complete and file monthly sales tax returns for 20+ states
  • Set-up and contact new customers
  • Maintain and Update Customer Files, including tax exemption certificates
  • Accounts Receivable Specialist will record daily bank deposits and ACH paymentsProcess Credit Card Transactions General Accounting
    • Assist in monthly and annual closings.
    • Work with the Controller to investigate, correct, and follow up on any inaccuracies identified.
    • Accounts Receivable Specialist provide support to Controller as requested.Maintain Professionalism
      • Project a professional and courteous demeanor when communicating with supervisors, co-workers, customers and vendors. Education and Experience1 to 2 years related customer service or accounting experience preferred. Experience with Word, Excel and Outlook preferred. High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.Behavior and Communication Skills
        • Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
        • Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
        • Time management.
        • Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
        • Interpersonal and team skills.
        • Act with integrity, demonstrate adaptability, and develop self through learning and feedback.
        • Convey a sense of urgency, persistence, and commitment.
        • Think strategically, analyze issues, use sound judgment, and innovate. MIR's BenefitsWhile we've grown significantly over the years, MIR is also proud to still have a small business atmosphere that values warmth and personal attention. You'll never be just an employee number at MIR – each of our employees holds a valued place in our organization.Our benefits include medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability, flexible spending account, 401k, and tuition reimbursement.To highlight a few:Medical Insurance: MIR pays 90% of the premium for employee-only coverage, leaving only 10% for the employee to pay for. We also offer family coverage and 10% of the premium is covered by MIR.Long Term Disability: MIR pays 100% of the cost for each employee's long term disability coverage.401k: MIR contributes 3% of an employees salary. The employee is not required to match or contribute to receive the MIR contribution of 3%.Tuition Reimbursement: MIR reimburses up to 90% of tuition, after 1 year of employment, for Undergraduate AND Graduate education.

Keywords: Midwest Industrial Rubber Inc, St. Louis , Accounts Receivable Specialist, Other , Saint Louis, Missouri

Click here to apply!

Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!

I'm looking for
in category
within


Log In or Create An Account

Get the latest Missouri jobs by following @recnetMO on Twitter!

St. Louis RSS job feeds