Company: Mallinckrodt Pharmaceuticals
Location: Saint Louis
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Job Title Security Officer Requisition JR000012246 Security
Officer (Open) Location St. Louis, MO (Pharma) - USA032 Additional
Locations St. Louis, MO Job Description Summary of Position: This
position is responsible for ensuring the highest level of security
and safety of company personnel, property, information, and the
reputation of the Mallinckrodt Pharmaceuticals St. Louis Site. Job
Responsibilities: * Prevent diversion of Schedule I through V
pharmaceutical grade narcotics and list one precursor
* Protect DEA registrations by following DEA rules and
* Protect Research and Development buildings as well as analytical
* Handle incoming telephone calls including sensitive issues and
situations (i.e., ChemTrec emergencies, worldwide medical
emergency, product information which is made available to hospitals
and private physicians reporting adverse patient reactions, and
general questions concerning company products and locations).
* Assist in emergency situations (i.e., fire, crisis, etc.) and
serve as a point of contact and coordinate with Police, Fire and
other first responders.
* Control plant access and property of all employees, contractors,
and visitors to the site.
* Ensure contractors are cleared to enter company facilities.
* Allow only authorized personnel into company property, secure
areas, and parking lots.
* Control access of all materials, chemical and mechanical,
entering and exiting the plant to include the escorting of inbound
and outbound shipment of raw narcotic materials.
* Enforce all company policies and procedures as well as all
applicable state laws.
* Monitor alarm systems.
* Monitor twenty-four hour communication and dispatch center for
* Safety, Maintenance, and Manufacturing activities.
* Monitor twenty-four hour security patrol and surveillance of
plant property and parking areas. Job Requirements: * High school
diploma or equivalent
* Graduate of accredited law enforcement academy
* Minimum of seven years law enforcement experience
* Armed and licensed by the St. Louis Metropolitan Police
Department or St. Louis County Police Department
* Excellent oral and written communication skills
* Excellent interpersonal skills
* Training in criminal investigations, sabotage and industrial
* Proficient in the proper use of force to protect company
personnel, visitors and property
* Ability to attend continuing education through local colleges,
St. Louis Metropolitan Police Department or St. Louis County Police
Department in the following areas:
* Private industrial security, current industrial security
standards, criminal law, workplace violence, active shooter, and
* Familiarity with the handling of hazardous material spills,
injuries, and emergency response
* Must be willing to work a rotating shift schedule including
nights, weekends, and holidays.
* Must be willing to work overtime as needed
Keywords: Mallinckrodt Pharmaceuticals, St. Louis , Security Officer, Other , Saint Louis, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!