Patron Services Specialist
Company: Center of Creative Arts
Location: Saint Louis
Posted on: May 15, 2022
Job DescriptionAbout COCA:COCA (Center of Creative Arts) is a
leading, multidisciplinary community arts organization committed to
enriching lives and building community through the arts. As an
innovative model for arts education and nationally accredited for
artistic and educational excellence, COCA serves as a regional hub
for learning in and through the arts for all ages from all
backgrounds and skill levels. The organization was founded with the
intention of being a place of artistic learning that would
transcend the boundaries of geography, race, and class. COCA
celebrates diversity in perspectives, backgrounds, artistic
disciplines, and experiences, and believes everyone should have
access to experience the arts. It has grown to become one of the
most diverse cultural institutions in St. Louis, a position
bolstered by a commitment to access and equity.Position Summary:The
Patron Services Specialist is a highly visible position that works
on the front line at COCA to greet patrons, faculty and visitors.
Additionally, this position provides leadership to facilitate a
positive and safe experience for all who enter COCA. This position
alternates between assigned shifts as the Desk Lead and as Floor
Lead, to support and coordinate on-site and virtual programming
logistics and field Registration inquiries. Essential
Functions:This job description is not designed to cover or contain
a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities
that are required of the employee for this job. Duties,
responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or
without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
Desk Lead Duties:
- Enforce institutional policies and procedures to ensure a safe
environment/event. Recommend additional ways to create a secure
- Greet and engage students, guardians, faculty, patrons and
building visitors in a friendly pro-active manner. Encourage
feedback about their experience at COCA and promote other
opportunities to participate.
- Be knowledgeable about the range of programs, productions, and
events happening at COCA.
- Answer phones and direct in-person, phone call, and email
- Provide administrative support to all COCA departments.
- Create and maintain daily schedule reports and public schedule
- Provide support in locating last minute substitute faculty:
contacting faculty, combining/cancelling class, and contacting
students, faculty, accompanists, as needed.
- Send and receive packages and other items via UPS, FedEx, USPS,
- Maintain professional appearance of the reception area by
keeping area organized and stocked.
- Promote and sell COCA merchandise.
- Daily housekeeping duties.
- Support daily building operations and schedule.
- Communicate facility and operational issues to the Operations
Support & Patron Services Manager to maintain a safe and clean
environment. Floor Lead Duties:
- Open and/or close the building according to procedure.
- Routinely walk the COCA facility to ensure a clean and safe
environment for visitors and students
- Setup/teardown/move equipment, as needed.
- Use electrostatic disinfectant sprayers to sanitize studios and
high-touch surfaces, following COCA's programming/cleaning
- Routinely stock and organize hospitality stations throughout
- Organize, prep, and stock studios prior to the start of each
semester and maintain and organized and safe environment at all
- Facilitate emergency procedures, as needed (weather
emergencies, medical emergencies, etc.). Other Duties:
- Ensure on-site and virtual programming begins/ends on
- Send virtual links to Faculty and registered students, as
- Troubleshoot virtual programming problems and equipment, both
over the phone and in person.
- Serve as the first line of defense for on-site and virtual
issues during peak programming hours (evenings and weekends).
- Provide customer service and support regarding
- Communicate schedule, room, and operations related information
- Provide registration support by offering guidance to families
and students interested in COCA's programming, and answering
questions about COCA's classes, camps, workshops, pricing,
financial assistance, and the registration process.
- Work cross-departmentally to support on-site activity.
- Assist in calling students should a class need to be
- Manage finding substitute instructors.
- Other duties as assigned. Education and/ or Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office – Outlook, Word, Excel,
- Minimum 1 year of Customer Service experience, required.
- Understanding of and/or passion for the arts, arts
administration and/or non-profit work preferred.
- A commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion. Competencies:
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in
- Must have organizational skills, able to multi-task, be
self-motivated, and able to work independently to meet
- Willingness to take on administrative/operational tasks as
- Adaptable and able to creative problem solve
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once/multitask
- Ability to work collaboratively with a team
- Basic technology troubleshooting skills
- Great people skills, initiative and enthusiasm Physical Demands
& Work Environment:
- Ability to lift, carry and move at least 40 pounds.
- Ability to walk, stand and sit for periods of time
- Ability to navigate stairs
- Ability to work daytime, evening and weekend hours required
- COCA Employees are required to be fully vaccinated against the
- COCA highly recommends all employees, students, patrons and
guests to remained masked at all times. Masks are not required.COCA
is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and
harassment of any kind. All employment decisions at COCA are based
on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications,
without regard to race, color, religion or belief, family or
parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or
regulations in the locations where we operate. COCA is committed to
achieving a diverse workforce through application of its
affirmative action, equal opportunity, and nondiscrimination policy
in all aspects of employment. COCA complies with federal and state
disability laws and makes reasonable accommodations for applicants
and employees with disabilities. If reasonable accommodation is
needed to participate in the job application or interview process,
to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other
benefits and privileges of employment, please contact
Keywords: Center of Creative Arts, St. Louis , Patron Services Specialist, Other , Saint Louis, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!