Clinical Liaison (PT) - Hospice (RN)
Company: BJC HealthCare
Location: Saint Louis
Posted on: May 15, 2022
Information About this Position
Are you a nurse who has hospice experience and is looking for a new
role? BJC Home Care is searching for someone who will partner with
providers, families and patients supporting the BJC Hospice team.
Part Time3 days wk / 8 hr shifts
Company and Job Overview
BJC Home Care offers patients and their families a complete range
of home care services, including skilled nursing services, adult
and pediatric hospice and supportive care, rehabilitation therapy,
home infusion therapy, infusion treatment rooms, home medical
equipment and high-tech respiratory care. Specialty home care
programs also are available, including adult and pediatric asthma,
cardiac, diabetes, orthopedic and wound care programs.
BJC Home Care provides care to thousands of patients in both
Missouri and Illinois. Serving more than 25 counties, it has become
the largest home care network in the region and one of the largest
in the country. Role PurposeResponsible for processing referrals
accurately and efficiently in accordance with established agency
policies and admission criteria ensuring timely transmission to
operational areas; serve as a resource liaison for all product
lines, promote customer satisfaction. Responsibilities
- Screens referrals to ensure patients meet agency admission
criteria and comply with state and federal regulations.
- Verifies insurance benefits, obtains pre-authorizations as
necessary, assists billing department, and interprets company
services, admission criteria and medical policies to referral
sources and individuals seeking information.
- Tracks current clients that are hospitalized, placed in short
term skilled or rehabilitation facility.
- Communicates and coordinates discharge planning and educates
internal and external customers about Home Care Services and/or
- BJC has determined this is a safety-sensitive position. The
ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe
manner is an essential function of this job.
- Performs Other Responsibilities as AssignedMinimum Requirements
- Nursing Diploma/Associate's Degree
- 2-5 years of experience
- RN License
- in Nursing/Social Work/related field
- 5-10 years of experienceBenefits StatementNote: not all
benefits apply to all openings- Comprehensive medical, dental, life
insurance, and disability plan options
- Pension Plan*/403(b) Plan
- 401(k) plan
- Tuition Assistance
- Health Care and Dependent Care Reimbursement Accounts
- On-Site Fitness Center (depending on location)
- Paid Time Off Program for vacation, holiday and sick time*Pension
does not apply to Memorial Hospital, Memorial Hospital East, Alton
Memorial or Parkland Health CenterLegal Statement
The above information on this description has been designed to
indicate the general nature and level of work performed by
employees in this position. It is not designed to contain or be
interpreted as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties
and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Keywords: BJC HealthCare, St. Louis , Clinical Liaison (PT) - Hospice (RN), Other , Saint Louis, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!