Company: Essex Industries Inc
Location: Saint Louis
Posted on: May 15, 2022
Machinist Job Description: To program, edit, and perform complex
set ups and operate various metal working equipment to produce
precision machined components to print as instructed by lead or
supervision. Machinist Responsibilities:
- Expertly use most hand, manual, and automatic machinery,
fixturing and precision measuring equipment to complete
- Maintain knowledge of additional pieces of equipment
- Program machine, fixturing, material, and paperwork preparation
such as sharpening, locating, verifying, programming, editing,
- Set up and proof CNC machines for runs to achieve a first piece
- Set-up Times and Run Times; monitor for accuracy and feedback
necessary changes to programmer/lead/supervisor.
- Monitor condition of job specific tooling or holding fixtures,
make authorized changes.
- Setup machines for Machine Operator I, II, and/or III.
- Keep waste low, minimize scrap, use labor efficiently, and
account for all parts on jobs.
- Operate machinery above company standards for both time and
- Suggest and implement improvements to machining processes.
- Improve on product through-put via additional operations such
as multiple machine operation, deburring, cleaning, etc. whenever
- Keep machinery and work area in a clean, safe, maintained, and
- Assist in other areas in order to meet the production needs of
Essex and its customers.
- Comply with all PPE and machine guarding as necessary with each
job. Machinist Requirements:
- 5-7 years of shop experience and 2-yr trade school completion;
or equivalent demonstrated proficiency.
Keywords: Essex Industries Inc, St. Louis , Machinist, Other , Saint Louis, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!