Quality Control Chemist-2nd Shift, Days Alternating
Company: Jost Chemical Co.
Location: Saint Louis
Posted on: May 14, 2022
Quality Control Chemist-2nd shift, Days Alternating with
Willingness to Work at Least Alternating Weekends
We're seeking ambitious, hard-working talent for the Jost Quality
Control Team!Are you looking for a career at a fast-paced
environment, where your hard work and dedication will pay off? Are
you a team player, who sets goals in order to get the job done and
would like to use your skills to grow with a great company?Then,
this Quality Control Chemist position is right for you!Quality
Control Chemist-2nd shiftPosition: Full time.Our offer:
- Medical/Dental/Vision Plan Insurance, Short and Long-Term
Disability and Life Insurance after 60 days.
- 3% Safe Harbor contribution to your 401k.
- Paid Time Off (PTO) Employees eligible after 90 days of
- 9 Company Paid Holidays (72 hours) each year.
- Uniforms Provided
- Foot Protection- annual allowance for all laboratory,
maintenance and production employees.
- 24-hour access to our free, on-site fitness center.
- We provide Individual development, on-the-job training, and
development programs designed to enhance your professional growth
and development while ensuring you feel valued, inspired and
appreciated at work.Jost Chemical is an equal opportunity employer
and affirmatively seeks diversity in its workforce. We consider
applicants, and make all employment decisions, without regard to
race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age,
disability, marital or veteran status, or any other legally
protected status. We are committed to recruiting and retaining the
best talent in the chemical manufacturing industry.
Quality Control ChemistBackground
- Works under general direction of the Quality Control Lab
Manager in a c-GMP regulated manufacturing environment operating
under Q7A standards
- Employees in positions at this level of the series exercise a
considerable degree of independence in conducting a wide range of
experiments requiring expertise in the application and adaptation
of numerous wet chemistry and instrumental laboratory techniques to
produce desired results.Tasks
- Perform analytical testing using wet chemistry techniques and
instrumentation on c-GMP regulated products following compendial
methods (USP/NF, EP, FCC, JP etc.).
- Perform microbiological testing on c-GMP regulated products
using compendial methods.
- Perform routine and non-routine testing using basic and
advanced laboratory instrumentation and adhere to a strict
calibration / preventative maintenance program.
- Interpret analytical data and assist chemical operators and
chemical engineers with applying this data to the manufacturing
- Maintain data integrity in both written and digital form.
- Prepare laboratory test solutions and perform standardizations
of volumetric solutions.
- May be required to develop and author analytical methods.
- May be required to interact with sales, customer service, and
or customers to offer technical support.
- May be required to inventory and order laboratory supplies,
instruments, and reagents.
- Maintain a clean and organized work area.
- Maintain and enhance site safety
- Instruct other personnel in specific areas of quality control
- May lead lower level laboratory personnel in maintenance and
preparation of laboratory materials and equipmentSpecifications
- B.S. Chemistry or related technical field that included
instrumentation, or industry experience.
- Entry level of quality chemist, professional level chemist
- Hours are second shift, days alternating, must include
willingness to work at least alternating weekends. 10 hour shifts
- Theories, principles, and methods of instrumental and wet
- Method development and method validation
- Mathematics and statistics
- Basic analytical laboratory equipment
- MS Office software package
- Skill in:
- Working effectively and efficiently on multiple projects at
- Working effectively in a team environment
- Responding to rapidly changing demands
- Ability to:
- Lead and/or train others in assigned activities
- Follow compendia and other test methods
- Identify, gather, process and record data accurately
- Maintain quality, safety and/or infection control
- Operate and maintain laboratory equipment
- Communicate effectively, orally and in writing
- Exercise independent judgmentFLSA
Keywords: Jost Chemical Co., St. Louis , Quality Control Chemist-2nd Shift, Days Alternating, Other , Saint Louis, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!