Intern - Credit
Company: Commerce Bank
Location: Saint Louis
Posted on: January 16, 2022
About Working at CommerceWouldn't it be great to build your
career at a bank that's known for helping people with their
financial challenges? That's exactly what you'd be doing when you
join the team at Commerce Bank. We're looking for teammates who are
ready to do whatever it takes to help our customers with their
everyday financial needs. You'd be helping yourself too, because
Commerce has a tradition of recognizing and rewarding team members
for their talent, skills and contributions.
No wonder we've been an industry leader for over 150 years and have
developed a reputation as a great place to work in the financial
services world. If you'd like to be a part of a team and culture
that is respected by its peers and in your community, we should
talk. We're always looking for the best and brightest.
About This Job
Commerce Bank is seeking a motivated and customer focused
individual for a Summer Intern - Commercial Credit opportunity.
This position will support the Commercial Credit Department by
communicating and collaborating with credit officers and
relationship managers with responsibilities consisting of the
- Exposure to many different parts of the bank.
- Learning and completing financial spreads.
- Familiarization with the components of a loan committee
- Completion of case studies early into the summer designed to
teach financial, credit, and commercial banking skills.
- Observing Commercial Loan Committee discussions .
- Attendance in Business Banking Committee meeting(s).
- Reviewing a variety of financial statements by inputting them
into a financial statement spreading system.
- Conducting industry research and other projects as needed.
- Summer Internship, 40 hours per week.
- Monday - Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm.
- Location: Clayton, Bank Building.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Strong Microsoft Excel and Word skills.
- Detail-oriented with flexibility as appropriate.
- Ability to communicate professionally and concisely to
individuals in various levels of the organization with experience
in relationship building.
- Analytical thinker capable of problem identification and
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to operate in a
fast-paced, time- sensitive environment.
- Desire to pursue a career in banking upon graduation with
acceptance into the
- Banking Training Program preferred.
- Pursuing a Bachelor's Degree in a Business Major preferred with
experience in Accounting and Finance classes; or equivalent
combination of education and experience required.Location: 8000
Forsyth, St. Louis, Missouri 63105Time Type:Part time
Keywords: Commerce Bank, St. Louis , Intern - Credit, Other , Saint Louis, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!