Remote Non-QM Underwriter
Location: Saint Louis
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Non-QM Underwriter - Remote
This Jobot Job is hosted by Brett Tolmie
Are you a fit? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply" button and
sending us your resume.
A Bit About Us
Our client is a well-established and growing nationwide leader in
wholesale and alternative lending. Since 2014, they have grown
their brand and reputation for being one of the elite top lenders
in the Non-QM and alternative lending markets although they also
provide Conventional, Jumbo, FHA and VA loans as well.
This incredibly successful and down to earth team has well above
average tenure and employee retention for a number of reasons
including a phenomenal culture, generous compensation, tremendous
stability, career growth potential and a truly fun low stress work
environment. So, it you are looking to make great money without the
"stuffy corporate atmosphere" in a fun environment where everyone's
opinion counts then please read on---
Why join us?
Generous compensation including aggressive bonus potential
Solid benefits package
Remote work permanently
Currently they are looking for a Remote Underwriter with experience
underwriting conventional and or Non-QM loans.
- Will be responsible for but not limited to the underwriting of
residential loans ensuring compliance with appropriate company and
secondary market investor standards.
- Maintain underwriting turn times and provide exceptional
- Capable of working in a fast-paced environment, under pressure
and meet time-sensitive deadlines, all while maintaining a high
level of professionalism.
- Ability to work independently, analyze data, take, and
recommend appropriate action with minimal supervision.
- Will be responsible for examining loan documentations for
accuracy and completeness while working with loan originator or
production staff to secure all required documents.
- You may be required to work with more senior mortgage
underwriters on loan exceptions having the authority to withdraw
and decline loans.
- Mortgage Underwriters may be involved in one or several types
of mortgage lending (conventional, government-backed, etc.)
- You may also be required to respond directly to individual and
- This job code includes all levels of underwriting authority and
some exception levels.
- 3+ years of experience as a Mortgage Underwriter
- Strong working knowledge of conventional and or Non-QM
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Thorough understanding of credit and an ability to review
complex financial documents
- Ability to assess an individual's creditworthiness while
adhering to regulatory and compliance
- Ability to make credit recommendations
- Ability to meet production, quality and service standards along
with providing direct coaching and feedback to ensure quality
- They must be able to assess the information obtained and
determine if it validates the information used to qualify the
borrower at the time of modification offer.
- The employee must be able to work independently producing
results in a timely manner.
- They must have a strong understanding of the various
documentation types, loan programs as well as the overall general
- Must possess strong organization skills.
Interested in hearing more? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply"
Keywords: Jobot, St. Louis , Remote Non-QM Underwriter, Other , Saint Louis, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!