REMOTE: Senior Learning Designer
Company: Ease Learning
Location: Saint Louis
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Join Ease Learning and make a difference!
Ease Learning is looking for a dynamic individual to join our
growing Learning Design team. The ideal candidate will be
mission-driven and motivated by our challenge of fixing higher ed.
What we do has an impact on students, colleges and universities and
society as a whole!
As a Senior Learning Designer you are responsible for providing
high-level Learning design, development and support across multiple
Essential Responsibilities And Duties
- Meet with clients or potential clients, identifies client needs
and articulates the services Ease Learning can provide.
- Collaborate on proposal writing as needed.
- Collaborate with the lead learning designer (LLD) and project
manager (PM) on the scope of work for assigned projects.
- Apply processes for assigned projects set by the Ease Learning
lead learning designer (LLD) and project manager (PM).
- Recommend and document processes for assigned projects as
needed in collaboration with the Ease Learning lead learning
- Conduct client meetings.
- Facilitate reviews and approvals with clients as needed.
- Facilitate any escalated and/or high priority issues or
concerns with development, work with clients to find a solution in
conjunction with the Ease Learning lead learning designer (LLD) and
project project manager (PM).
- Communicate project status regularly and escalate any concerns
to Lead Learning Designer and Project Director.
- Manage the learning design and development of assigned projects
and set schedules with SMEs.
- Ensure deliverables meet client guidelines and that the
process, vision, and goals set for the project have been
- Assess curriculum needs and determine instructional goals.
- Implement best learning design techniques and learning
- Work directly with subject matter expert (SME) and complete all
aspects of course design as outlined for the assigned project.
- Make all edits to SME provided content for online delivery
using best practices ensuring SME is not asked to apply any
learning design principles.
- Ensure the blueprint document is a production ready document
with clear directions to the production team.
- QA final course files and final course in production
environment from a content/learning design and technical
- Develop course production templates and/or courses in a variety
of Learning Management Systems (LMS), including Canvas, Blackboard,
Moodle, Desire2Learn, Docebo, Litmos, Schoology or any other client
LMS (corporate and higher ed).
- QA your work and ensure that the process, vision, and goals set
for the project have been applied.
- Apply innovative strategies to course design
- Ensure effective technologies (LMS, third party or media) are
used in appropriate and varied ways, client expectations are met
and that all course files are at a high quality level.
- Ensure a backward design approach is utilized, scaffolding is
present in modules, and course outcomes are mapped to learning
outcomes and to tasks.
- Ensure activities are appropriately designed for the LMS and
learning objectives drive activities and tools are appropriately
used to meet these objectives.
- Conduct a course walkthrough in the platform and articulate to
the SME/client how a course activity supports outcomes and design
decisions (why a certain tool was used).
- Ensure accessibility requirements for clients are implemented.
Escalate any concerns to Ease Learning lead learning designer (LLD)
and project manager (PM).
- Remain current on trends within the online learning field, and
appropriately recommend, select and/or develop learning
opportunities using the existing emerging technologies and
- Have a strong attention to details; ensure course files are in
a final format before going to an Ease Learning lead learning
designer for review, copy editor or production team member.
Communication and Collaboration
- Communicate project status regularly.
- Conduct Ease Learning internal meetings as needed.
- Collaborate with other Ease Learning development team members
as necessary to ensure client satisfaction.
- Collaborate with learning designers and production associates
to ensure activities are designed appropriately for delivery within
the platform and appropriate tools/media are integrated and
- Communicate to clients during meetings in a non technical and
clear manner. Has clear agendas and goals. Responds to clients
within 1 business day.
- Train and mentor learning designers.
You need strong oral and written communication skills, the ability
to balance and manage multiple projects and tasks simultaneously in
a constantly changing environment and the ability to work virtually
- Act in a professional manner in all communications.
- Post work hours (8 hours or part time amount) to Google
- During your posted work hours be available on Slack or a group
chat system (meetings should be listed in calendar and set Slack to
Do Not Disturb during those times).
- Have a set and quiet workspace available during work
- Use Ease Learning's project management system to record project
status, monitor schedules, and track time daily.
- Manage workload and adhere to all deadlines.
- Support professional development initiatives.
This position may be required to oversee and mentor internal team
members on certain projects.
Master's Degree (preferred) in Education, Instructional
Design/Technology, or other applicable field and a minimum of five
(5) years of relevant experience in eLearning development.
Powered by JazzHR
Keywords: Ease Learning, St. Louis , REMOTE: Senior Learning Designer, Other , Saint Louis, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!