Location: Saint Louis
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Site Name: USA - Missouri - St. Louis
Posted Date: Nov 30 2021
Manufacturing Operator $1000 SIGN-ON BONUS
$22.00 per hour plus 10% shift differential for off shifts for
* BENEFITS START DAY 1*
* Thursday - Saturday 6:00 am-6:30 pm
* Wednesday - Friday 6:00 pm to 6:30 am
* Monday - Friday 3:00 pm to 11:30 pm
* Sunday - Thursday 11:00 pm to 7:30 am
* Sunday - Tuesday 6:00 pm to 6:30 am
The purpose of the Manufacturing Technician is to operate a variety
of machinery in order to produce a quality product.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities
to progress YOUR career. These responsibilities include some of the
* Ensure quality and compliance in accordance with established
procedures and standards of the Quality System.
* Comply with and support the GSK Environmental, Health and Safety
policies and procedures.
* Operate and troubleshoot a variety of machinery. Operate the
worksaver and standup/sit-down lifts as needed. Utilize manlifts.
Perform line changeovers, which include cleaning, disassembly,
re-assembly of line equipment and lubrication.
* Support line performance, working closely with team associates
for achievement of line standards. Perform preventive maintenance
in order to sustain line performance and adhere to the fixed
* Follow SOP's, change control / validation processes, and adhere
to established cleaning programs for GMP compliance
* Work as a High-Performance Team member supporting all aspects of
team performance. Work on Cross Functional Teams supporting the
intent to improve equipment utilization, line changeover times, new
technology and state of the art automation.
* Understand and seek continuous improvement of the business
* Complete batch record documentation monitoring Right First Time
results and related Key Performance Indicators
* Assist in the training of other Technicians as needed. Assist in
the development of SOP's and required annual review. Assist in the
generation of measurements to track efficiencies and other
pertinent data for the unit to identify and implement continuous
* Report all safety concerns and hazards immediately.
* Comply with all operational safety, process safety, environmental
permits, Quality policies, procedures and training
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to
achieve our goals:
* High School diploma or GED
* Experience in a production environment
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
* Technical Degree or Certification
* Good interpersonal skills and the ability to work and succeed in
a team environment
* Ability to lift 5-25 lbs. frequently and occasionally lift drums,
bags and cases weighing up to 50 lbs.
* Demonstrated good oral and written communication skills
* Team oriented and flexible, able to adapt to changing
* Highly motivated and self-driven with a desire to continuously
improve own skill set. Able to function productively with minimal
* Good organizational skills and interest in project management
* Ability to operate computer applications preferred.
* Detail oriented
Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do
and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along
with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK
focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation,
performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate
the following capabilities:
* Agile and distributed decision-making - using evidence and
applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk
* Managing individual and team performance.
* Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming
challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
* Implementing change initiatives and leading change.
* Sustaining energy and well-being, building resilience in
* Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and
share learning both internally and externally.
* Developing people and building a talent pipeline.
* Translating strategy into action - a compelling narrative,
motivating others, setting objectives and delegation.
* Building strong relationships and collaboration, managing trusted
stakeholder relationships internally and externally.
* Budgeting and forecasting, commercial and financial acumen.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a
job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547
(US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to
Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified
applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without
regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy,
marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression,
age, disability, genetic information, military service,
covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or
local protected class.
At GSK, the health and safety of our employees are of paramount
importance. As a science-led healthcare company on a mission to get
ahead of disease together, we believe that supporting vaccination
against COVID-19 is the single best thing we can do in the US to
ensure the health and safety of our employees, complementary
workers, workplaces, customers, consumers, communities, and the
patients we serve.
GSK has made the decision to require all US employees to be fully
vaccinated against COVID-19, where allowed by state or local law
and where vaccine supply is readily available. The only exceptions
to this requirement are employees who are approved for an
accommodation for religious, medical or disability-related
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or
employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this
site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact
GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department
to obtain prior written authorization before referring any
candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is
a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between
the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such
written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the
employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed
without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall
therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or
any fees arising from any referrals by employment
businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional
or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state
issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report
expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded
an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers
of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and
state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please
visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Keywords: GlaxoSmithKline, St. Louis , Manufacturing Operator, Other , Saint Louis, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!