Company: Wright Tree Service
Location: Saint Louis
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Title : Groundperson
Type : Full-Time/Non-Exempt
Reports to : Foreperson/General ForepersonEssential Functions :
- Uses a chainsaw to cut brush, logs and stumps of larger trees.
Works from the ground using gasoline powered chainsaws.
- Loads and unloads trucks with logs, stumps, brush and debris
and/or feeds brush into a wood chipper. Will gathers brush and
carry to chipper area.
- Works around hazardous equipment.
- Works around excessive noise from machines, chainsaws, wood
chipper and must wear proper personal protective equipment.
- Is exposed to all temperatures and weather; will be exposed to
nature, i.e., irritating plants, biting or stinging insects, dust,
- May work on rough terrain.
- Helps enforce on-the-job safety practices for crew
- Safeguards employees and public from hazards in and around the
work area. Cooperates with customer, police, and fire departments
when blocking streets or driveways. Sets up barriers, warning
signs, flags, etc. to protect employees as well as the public.
Trained to perform tree and bucket rescue.
- Applies herbicides and growth regulators to stumps and
- Drives a truck with an attached brush chipper or other trailing
unit such as trailer, etc.
- Keeps work area picked up and orderly.
- Carries and lays out tools and equipment at work site.
- Services truck, chipper and equipment, maintaining them in a
neat, clean, and specified mechanical order. Reports the need for
equipment and truck maintenance to crew lead.
- Performs other related duties as required or assigned.Minimum
- Must be able to wear necessary personal protective equipment
(PPE) as required.
- Needs to be able to enter and exit a vehicle numerous times per
- Must be able to withstand exposure to all kinds of weather
while completing work tasks such as rain, heat, sun, cold,
- Must be able to write, read, and comprehend written and verbal
- Must be able to communicate with others and represent Wright
Tree Service in a professional manner.
- Possess the ability to lift, move, and maneuver up to 50 pounds
on an infrequent basis and up to 30 pounds on a frequent
- Ability to work long hours and overtime during emergencies
(including holidays, weekends, storm work) and will be subject to
- Ability to operate and service all required tools and
- Must have valid driver's license and be able to pass a
pre-employment drug test.
- Maintain a herbicide applicator or operators certification and
license as required by Wright Tree Service and local, state, and
- Must have valid First-Aid and CPR cards.Wright Tree Service
employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for
employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type
without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin,
disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other
characteristic protected by federal, state or local
Keywords: Wright Tree Service, St. Louis , Groundperson, Other , Saint Louis, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!