Company: Brook & Whittle
Location: Saint Louis
Posted on: January 15, 2022
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinate daily schedule ensuring all positions are covered to
meet all production needs and minimize overtime.
- Able to work independently, make decisions, and carry out
assignments to completion.
- Monitor and review all departmental reports and production
- Assist in training of personnel, as needed.
- Enter information into current data collection system,
verifying as needed.
- Assist in motivating employees to achieve departmental
- Report machine & equipment breakdown to department manager &
- Able to assume the duties of the Finishing Manager when they
are not present
- Understand and support all policies, procedures, instructions,
rules, and regulations (including safety) associated with the
- Assist in tracking inventory of consumables and Work in Process
- Consult with department manager and Quality Assurance in
regards to any quality related defects.
- Make decisions on quality of suspect product and take
corrective actions if necessary.
- Assist in investigating root cause of key process failures and
take corrective actions for departmental needs.
- Ensure all employees are fully trained. If further training is
required, assist team members as needed.
- Carry out disciplinary actions supported by the Finishing
- Assist with tracking of employee attendance.
- Adjust employee schedules and deploy personnel based on the
needs of the customer.
- Responsible for the overall production quantity, efficiencies,
and quality of the work produced on the shift.
- Responsible for the compliance of all SOPs and company policies
by employees including break and lunch periods.
- Consults with Finishing Manager on customer needs and assists
in expediting jobs through the process.. Requirements:
EDUCATION:Required: High School diploma or general education degree
(GED) and a minimum of 3 years supervisory experience working in a
manufacturing environment.Desired: Leadership trainingEXPERIENCE:To
perform this job successfully, an individual must understand
upstream operations, downstream operations, and be able to perform
each essential duty within the department satisfactorily. Hands on
knowledge of equipment is desired. Must be able to help
troubleshoot equipment and provide feedback to department manager
and maintenance personnel. Must take initiative, be resourceful,
and willing to accept responsibility and accountability.SPECIAL
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- The ability to be discreet with company confidential
information, reports errors, incidents, and problems to appropriate
- The ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines while
maintaining a positive attitude.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
including the ability to effectively communicate with all employees
of Brook & Whittle.
- Must have computer skills in Microsoft Office, (Proficient in
Word and Excel).
- Must be able to work overtime as needed
- Must be a team player.
- Must be able to multitask.
Keywords: Brook & Whittle, St. Louis , Finishing Supervisor, Other , Saint Louis, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!