Diet Tech - Patient Meal Services - PRN
Company: BJC HealthCare
Location: Saint Louis
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Information About this Position
- PRN ScheduleCompany and Job Overview
Barnes-Jewish Hospital is the St. Louis region's top adult
hospital. Formed from the merger of the former Barnes and Jewish
Hospitals to become Missouri's largest hospital, it continues the
traditions of its predecessors along with its partner, Washington
University School of Medicine, in providing cutting-edge
treatments, educating future medical professionals and working to
make our community as healthy as it can be.
For over two decades Barnes-Jewish Hospital has been ranked on the
U.S. News & World Report Best Hospitals Honor Roll. In 2021,
Barnes-Jewish ranked 17th overall with 11 specialties being ranked.
The hospital was also the first hospital in Missouri to be
designated as a Magnet-- hospital in 2003 by the American Nurses
Credentialing Center for excellence in nursing and has been
redesignated consistently since.
Barnes-Jewish Hospital is a teaching hospital staffed by more than
1,500 Washington University Physicians, the clinical practice for
the Washington University School of medicine. The academic medicine
partnership has developed many treatments and procedures that are
now common across the globe.
Ensures that the patients receive the correct diet as ordered by
the physician and works with patients/families to help achieve
optimal nutritional intake and overall customer satisfaction.
Serves as a primary customer service representative from the
Nutrition and Food Services to patients, families and staff.
- Assists department management in coordinating and achieving
- Assesses, gathers and documents dietary needs.
- Reviews patient menus and tray tickets before tray
- Accommodates and has knowledge of special diet requests.
- Communicates patient diets, delivery of meals and special
requests with patient care team.
- BJC has determined this is a safety-sensitive position. The
ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe
manner is an essential function of this job.Minimum
- High School Diploma or GED
Note: not all benefits apply to all openings
- Comprehensive medical, dental, life insurance, and disability
- Pension Plan*/403(b) Plan
- 401(k) plan
- Tuition Assistance
- Health Care and Dependent Care Reimbursement Accounts
- On-Site Fitness Center (depending on location)
- Paid Time Off Program for vacation, holiday and sick time
*Pension does not apply to Memorial Hospital, Memorial Hospital
East, Alton Memorial or Parkland Health Center
The above information on this description has been designed to
indicate the general nature and level of work performed by
employees in this position. It is not designed to contain or be
interpreted as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties
and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Keywords: BJC HealthCare, St. Louis , Diet Tech - Patient Meal Services - PRN, Other , Saint Louis, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!