Accounts Receivable Specialist
Company: EmpowerMe Wellness, LLC
Location: Saint Louis
Posted on: November 22, 2021
As the Accounts Recievable Specialist with EmpowerMe you will be
responsible for working the overall back-end medical
billingprocess. Key functions of this role will include but are not
limited performing audits of 3rd party billing reports to
ensureaccuracy of the overall billing process, addressing billing
issues related to: missing/incomplete documentation and/or
charges,delay in claim processing due to medical documentation
submission requirements, credentialing issues, etc. The ability
toreview and collect information in a thorough and detailed manner,
as well as timely response and communication are critical tothe
success of this position.Essential Duties include the following:The
following duties are normal for this position. This list is not to
be construed as exclusive or all inclusive. Other duties may
berequired and assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- Review and work billing error reports:o Identify and address
discrepancies in network status identified by insurance companies
and communicateissues pertaining to network and credentialing to
Business Operations Coordinator.o Coordinate the transmission of
information verifying medical necessity and accuracy of
documentationbetween clinical staff and 3rd party billing vendor.o
Resolve issues and concerns regarding accounts receivable - report
prep and notification of management.
- Conduct regular audits on 3rd party billing vendor to ensure
all issues are addressed timely, and to ensure accuracy of:o Claim
submissionso Charge captureo Applied and/or rejected paymentso
Itemized bills to patients and insurance companies
- Accounts Receivable (AR) follow up.
- Track and manage billing issues and communicate issues and/or
concerns to Billing Manager.
- Serve as intermediary between patients and outside sources
related to questions or problems which patients may haveregarding
bills for services provided.
- Communicate payment policies to patients and finalize payment
arrangements with patient or guarantor, as needed.
- Manage service provider accounts by reviewing service logs for
accuracy, preparing and submitting invoices, and
trackingpayments.Qualifications, Education and/or Experience:To
perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements
listedbelow are representative of the knowledge, skills, and
- Bachelor's degree or Associate's degree plus 1 year of medical
billing experience, or High School diploma or GED plus 2years
medical billing experience (professional office experience in
healthcare setting is preferred).
- Must exhibit a very high level of thoroughness & detail
- Goal- and result-oriented, as well as self-motivated with a
sense of professional curiosity, desire to learn new things,and to
find / recommend solutions to problems.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills required.
- Must have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment,
remain calm in stressful situations, to be flexible, to workwell
with many interruptions and have skill in multi-tasking. Accounts
Receivable Specialist - Job Description Created 05.27.2021 p2
- Must exhibit and promote a high level of customer service,
hospitality, curiosity and friendliness towards all
- Quickly adapts to change and takes a proactive approach to
- Knowledge and understanding of HIPAA and CMS guidelines.
- Ability to analyze, interpret and draw inferences from research
findings and prepare reports.
- Knowledge of and experience with insurance benefit
coordination, medical credentialing and medical billing.
- Working knowledge of clinical and/or Agency operations and
- Ability to use independent judgment to manage and impart
- Database management skills including querying, reporting, and
document generation.Computer Skills:Proficiency in Internet
browsers (e.g. Explorer, Chrome, Fire Fox), as well as advanced
knowledge of Microsoft Office programs:Outlook, Excel, Word and
Publisher applications. Experience in working with various EMR and
medical billing systems.Work Environment & Physical DemandsThe
physical demands described here are representative of those that
must be met by an employee to successfully perform theessential
functions of this job.While performing the duties of this job, the
employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee
frequently is requiredto stand; sit; stoop; walk; use hands to
finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. Specific
vision abilities required bythis job include close vision, distance
vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and
ability to adjust focus.
Keywords: EmpowerMe Wellness, LLC, St. Louis , Accounts Receivable Specialist, Other , Saint Louis, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!