Senior Data Modeler - US Remote Eligible
Company: EDWARD JONES
Location: Saint Louis
Posted on: November 19, 2021
At Edward Jones, we help clients achieve their serious,
long-term financial goals by understanding their needs and
implementing tailored solutions. To ensure a personal client
experience, we have located our 14,000+ branch offices where our
more than 7 million clients live and work.
A typical branch office has one financial advisor who meets with
clients face-to-face and one branch office administrator who
enhances the team's ability to build deep relationships with
clients. Headquarters associates in St. Louis and Tempe provide
support and expertise to help U.S. and Canada branch teams deliver
an ideal client experience. Edward Jones currently has more branch
offices than any other financial services firm, and we continue to
grow to meet the needs of long-term individual investors.Edward
Jones is seeking a talented data modeler to assist with the
analysis, design, and implementation of information solutions. As a
data modeler, you will be working closely with data stewards, data
architects, business architects, solution architects, and DBA's to
capture business requirements in logical data models. You will work
to ensure corresponding physical data models map to the logical
To ensure success as a data modeler, you should have in-depth
knowledge of 3NF and dimensional logical data modeling methods as
well as excellent communication skills. Ultimately, the data
modeler should be able to detail logical models that align with
physical data models produced based on those models and work to
reduce data redundancy, streamline data movements, and improve
enterprise information management.
- Analyze and translate business requirements into conceptual and
fully detailed logical data models.
- Create logical data models based on existing applications and
- Contribute to ongoing updates to data modeling standards and
- Work with business architects, data architect, data stewards to
capture business requirements in a Logical Data Model.
- Contribute to assessing the appropriate data platform(s) for
- Evaluate implemented application databases for variances from
- Evaluate physical data models to ensure they align to the
corresponding logical data models.
- Must have a minimum of 5 years of hands-on experience with 3NF
logical, dimensional, and physical data modeling.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information technology,
or a similar field preferred.
- Knowledge of:
- Metadata management and related tools.
- Relational and document database technologies.
- Business process modeling preferred.
- Physical data modeling for document stores preferred.
- ERWIN preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills and excellent communication and
- FORTUNE 2020 -- Edward Jones was named No. 7 on the 2020
FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For-- list.
- From FORTUNE --2020 FORTUNE Media IP Limited. All rights
reserved. Used under license. FORTUNE and FORTUNE 100 Best
Companies to Work For are registered trademarks of Fortune Media IP
Limited and are used under license. FORTUNE and Fortune Media IP
Limited are not affiliated with, and do not endorse products or
services of, Edward Jones Investments.
- Edward Jones Ranked No. 6 of the 100 best workplaces for
millennials by Great Place to Work and FORTUNE Magazine.
- 2020 Corporate Equality Index -- Edward Jones joins the ranks
of 680 major U.S businesses that received top marks in the HRC
Foundations 18th Annual Scorecard on LBGTQ Workplace Equality
- Edward Jones named a top company for training, ranking No. 25
on Training magazine's 2020 Training Top 125 list -- the highest
ranking among the financial-services industry!
- Financial services firm Edward Jones has been named one of the
2019 Best Workplaces for Parents by Great Place to Work and FORTUNE
magazine. The firm ranked No. 5 on the list of 50 companies, up two
spots from last year.
- The Best Workplaces for Parents list is one of a series of
rankings by Great Place to Work and FORTUNE based on employee
feedback from Great Place to Work-Certified-- organizations. Edward
Jones ranked No. 7 on the FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work for in
2019 list, the firm--s 20th appearance on the list. The firm also
was ranked the No. 1 Best Workplace in Financial Services &
Insurance and the No. 6 Best Workplace for Millennials by Great
Place to Work and FORTUNE. Edward Jones does not discriminate on
the basis of race, color, gender, religion, national origin, age,
disability, sexual orientation, pregnancy, veteran status, genetic
information or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. At
Edward Jones, we value and respect our associates and their
contributions, and we recognize individual efforts through a
rewards program that promotes a long-term career, financial
security and well-being. Visit our career site to learn more about
our total compensation approach, which in addition to base salary,
typically includes benefits, bonuses and profit sharing. The salary
range for this role is based on national data and actual pay is
based on skills, experience, education, and other relevant factors
for a potential new associate:
Salary: $105753 - $180067
Keywords: EDWARD JONES, St. Louis , Senior Data Modeler - US Remote Eligible, Other , Saint Louis, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!