Speech Language Pathologist - PRN
Company: BJC HealthCare
Location: Saint Louis
Posted on: October 12, 2021
Information About this Position
- PRN Schedule
- PRN Hourly Rate
- Non-Benefits Eligible
Company and Job Overview
Barnes-Jewish West County
Hospital offers highly specialized surgical and
medical services in an intimate environment and is known for
outstanding patient care. With 64 private patient rooms, 14
operating rooms and four intensive care unit rooms, the facility
was designed to provide a comforting environment that is
innovative, efficient and centered on the patient experience. The
campus features a park-like setting with landscaping and a walking
path that winds through the grounds and connects to Millennium
The Registered Speech Pathologist or Speech
Therapist provides skilled speech and swallow therapy services to
patients including all aspects of evaluation and treatment.
- Establishes treatment plan and provides treatment, considering
discharge needs; expected discharge functional status; and
appropriate equipment and supplies.
- Educates, collaborates with, and conferences with patients,
families, and other health care providers; making recommendations
for referrals to specialists as needed.
- Delegates to assistants, techs, and students through written
and verbal communication including determining the skill level or
competency required to provide interventions to best meet the needs
of the patient.
- Completes documentation in accordance with departmental
- Provides assessment, reassessment, and/or consultations for
- BJC has determined this is a safety-sensitive position. The
ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe
manner is an essential function of this job.
- Master's Degree in Speech Pathology
- Speech Language Pathologist license
Note: not all benefits apply to all
- Comprehensive medical, dental, life
insurance, and disability plan options
- Pension Plan*/403(b) Plan
- 401(k) plan
- Tuition Assistance
- Health Care and Dependent Care Reimbursement Accounts
- On-Site Fitness Center (depending on location)
- Paid Time Off Program for vacation, holiday and sick
does not apply to Memorial Hospital, Memorial Hospital East, Alton
Memorial or Parkland Health Center
The above information on this
description has been designed to indicate the general nature and
level of work performed by employees in this position. It is not
designed to contain or be interpreted as an exhaustive list of all
responsibilities, duties and qualifications required of employees
assigned to this job.
Keywords: BJC HealthCare, St. Louis , Speech Language Pathologist - PRN, Other , Saint Louis, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!