Client Support Specialist
Company: Magellan Health
Location: Saint Louis
Posted on: October 12, 2021
This position is responsible for providing accurate, efficient and
timely contract support and service for the assigned client.
- Performs daily operation-specific duties that directly relate
to the products and/or services assigned
- Supports in the development and maintenance of a strategic
business plan that fully reflects the clients program objectives
and how the company provides solutions to align to those objectives
and specifically guides our operational, financial, clinical and
- Understands the client's organizational structure and
demonstrates the ability to apply this knowledge in business and
retention planning for the client.
- Ensures Service Level Agreement performance.
Documents and maintains required reporting
- Owns overall internal account satisfaction within the company
as well as satisfaction with each support area particularly account
- Develops and maintains multi-level relationships within client
organizations which includes maintaining contract requirements.
Communicates and updates account service information to appropriate
internal staff. Makes presentations to the professional community
to enhance the visibility and image of the company.
- Supports the account management team to ensure performance
standards are measurable and realistic to achieve and/or exceed to
avoid penalties. Manages methodology, reporting and
- Ensures all Customer and Account-Facing services are provided
in a consistent and timely fashion.
- Resolves or appropriately escalates customer service issues in
conjunction with operations (claims, service, and systems).
- Coordinates with the compliance department on knowing and
understanding state and federal regulations and the implication to
- Proactively communicates to internal and external
- Demonstrates contract understanding and detailed knowledge of
- Assists in the coordination with legal to ensure contract
- Supports the account management team in the definition of
customer reports and ensures coordination with the client.
- Prepares and supports presentations of customer reports with
meaningful analytics, trending and recommendations for program
improvement based on findings.
- Supports the account management team ensuring revenue goals are
met, administrative expenses are managed and segment profit targets
are achieved for assigned account(s).
- Supports up-sell and renewal activities across assigned
- Effectively explains or uses technology (internally and
externally) for customers.
- Understands about the company business and operational
decisions to predict impacts on customer.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the company products and how multiple
products are interdependent within the customer contract
deliverables and clinical outcomes.
- Identifies products and services that bring solutions to the
customer based on a thorough understanding of the customer
strategic business goals and the business needs.
- Other duties as assigned.
Ability to prioritize workload effectively within a fast-paced,
time sensitive and results oriented environment.
Demonstrated willingness to be flexible and adaptable to changing
Effective verbal and written communication skills.
Proven ability to work effectively both independently and in a team
Strong multi-tasking and organizational skills.
Strong presentation skills.
Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Product
Willing and able to quickly learn new software applications as
Client Support Specialist
Work Experience - Required
Work Experience - Preferred
PBM (Pharmacy Benefit Management)
Education - Required
A Combination of Education and Work Experience May Be Considered.,
Education - Preferred
Certifications - Required
Certifications - Preferred
Magellan Health, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity
Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled.
Every employee must understand, comply with and attest to the
security responsibilities and security controls unique to their
position; and comply with all applicable legal, regulatory, and
contractual requirements and internal policies and procedures.
Keywords: Magellan Health, St. Louis , Client Support Specialist, Other , Saint Louis, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!