Information About this Position
- Day Shift
- Some travel
Company and Job Overview
BJC Medical Group
is the multi-specialty physician organization of BJC HealthCare and
includes over 600 doctors and advanced practice providers who are
affiliated with the top-ranked hospitals in the area.
Since 1994, BJC Medical Group has provided
access to the world’s best medicine through caring people and
integrated systems. The providers are nationally recognized for
excellent patient satisfaction and quality health care.
BJC Medical Group physicians are trained
and certified in over 25 medical specialties and serve patients in
more than 125 locations in the greater St. Louis, mid-Missouri and
southern Illinois areas.
The Care Coach provides preventive
health improvement services and proactive management assistance to
patients identified as having high risk factors for the development
of chronic disease. This position also works to close identified
gaps in care and assist in the assessment and screening of selected
patient populations. This position works collaboratively with
inter-disciplinary teams, both internal and external to the
organization, to improve patient care through effective
communication and monitoring of healthcare resources.
- Maintains confidentiality of data in hard copy and
electronic formats; ensures storage and archiving of completed
- Provides support to the case management
- Completes documentation in patient record.
- Provides on-going case management for identified
- Provides effective case coordination and claims
- Provides general nursing services under
- BJC has determined this is a safety-sensitive position.
The ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe
manner is an essential function of this job.
- Performs Other Responsibilities as Assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED
- <2 years of experience
- Licensed Practical Nurse license
Note: not all benefits apply to all
- Comprehensive medical, dental, life
insurance, and disability plan options
- Pension Plan*/403(b) Plan
- 401(k) plan
- Tuition Assistance
- Health Care and Dependent Care Reimbursement Accounts
- On-Site Fitness Center (depending on location)
- Paid Time Off Program for vacation, holiday and sick
does not apply to Memorial Hospital, Memorial Hospital East, Alton
Memorial or Parkland Health Center
The above information on this description has been designed to
indicate the general nature and level of work performed by
employees in this position. It is not designed to contain or be
interpreted as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties
and qualifications required of employees assigned to this
Equal Opportunity Employer