Information About this Position
Company and Job Overview
Barnes-Jewish West County
Hospital offers highly specialized surgical and
medical services in an intimate environment and is known for
outstanding patient care. With 64 private patient rooms, 14
operating rooms and four intensive care unit rooms, the facility
was designed to provide a comforting environment that is
innovative, efficient and centered on the patient experience. The
campus features a park-like setting with landscaping and a walking
path that winds through the grounds and connects to Millennium
To provide quality food service to
cafeteria customers to provide speed of service and customer
courtesy. To perform a variety of food service functions such as
preparation of food, setting up of service areas with food,
utensils, and garnishments, food portioning, serving, sanitation,
and assisting with customer request.
- Provides customer service in a professional and friendly
manner, and follows food safety and portion guidelines.
- Ensures work area is set up and supplies and products are
organized before, during and after shift.
- Cleans and sanitizes work station and utensils.
- Uses equipment and materials properly and safely.
- Accurately assembles meals according to the menu, diet order
and correct protocol.
- Performs Other Responsibilities as Assigned
- High School Diploma or GED
Note: not all benefits apply to all
- Comprehensive medical, dental, life
insurance, and disability plan options
- Pension Plan*/403(b) Plan
- 401(k) plan
- Tuition Assistance
- Health Care and Dependent Care Reimbursement Accounts
- On-Site Fitness Center (depending on location)
- Paid Time Off Program for vacation, holiday and sick
does not apply to Memorial Hospital, Memorial Hospital East, Alton
Memorial or Parkland Health Center
The above information on this description has been designed to
indicate the general nature and level of work performed by
employees in this position. It is not designed to contain or be
interpreted as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties
and qualifications required of employees assigned to this
Equal Opportunity Employer