Information About this Position
- 40 hours Per Week
- Benefits Eligible
Company and Job Overview
Hospital is the St. Louis region’s top adult
hospital. Formed from the merger of the former Barnes and Jewish
Hospitals to become Missouri’s largest hospital, it continues the
traditions of its predecessors along with its partner, Washington
University School of Medicine, in providing cutting-edge
treatments, educating future medical professionals and working to
make our community as healthy as it can be.
For over two decades Barnes-Jewish Hospital has been ranked on the
U.S. News & World Report Best Hospitals Honor Roll. In 2021,
Barnes-Jewish ranked 17th overall with 11 specialties being ranked.
The hospital was also the first hospital in Missouri to be
designated as a Magnet® hospital in 2003 by the American Nurses
Credentialing Center for excellence in nursing and has been
redesignated consistently since.
Barnes-Jewish Hospital is a teaching hospital staffed by more than
1,500 Washington University Physicians, the clinical practice for
the Washington University School of medicine. The academic medicine
partnership has developed many treatments and procedures that are
now common across the globe.
Implements a variety of structured,
non-structured and/or individual treatment programs to facilitate
rehabilitation of patients on psychiatry or chemical dependency
services, inpatient units and day hospital or outpatient
- Provides therapeutic programming to improve the
functional capabilities of patients.
- Plans and documents patient care based on assessment of
patients needs, diagnosis, level of functioning, and age specific
- Formulates written patient assessment and treatment plan
- Establishes treatment goals and documents patients
progress toward goals.
- BJC has determined this is a safety-sensitive position.
The ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe
manner is an essential function of this job.
- Performs Other Responsibilities as Assigned.
- Bchelor's Degree in Therapeutic Recreation
- <2 years of experience
- 2-5 years of experience
- CTRS certification
Note: not all benefits apply to all
- Comprehensive medical, dental, life
insurance, and disability plan options
- Pension Plan*/403(b) Plan
- 401(k) plan
- Tuition Assistance
- Health Care and Dependent Care Reimbursement Accounts
- On-Site Fitness Center (depending on location)
- Paid Time Off Program for vacation, holiday and sick
does not apply to Memorial Hospital, Memorial Hospital East, Alton
Memorial or Parkland Health Center
The above information on this description has been designed to
indicate the general nature and level of work performed by
employees in this position. It is not designed to contain or be
interpreted as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties
and qualifications required of employees assigned to this
Equal Opportunity Employer