RN-Charge Nurse, Medical Unit/Oncology
Company: SSM Health
Location: Saint Louis
Posted on: October 11, 2021
3East is a medical-surgical and oncology floor. We see mostly
general medicine patients as well as patients with cancer. We also
see cardiac/tele overflorw patients as well as some inpatient
hospice patients. They may be admitted for a new
oncology diagnosis or for complications from their existing cancer.
With a great variety in patients population and an experienced
nursing staff, 3 East is a wonderful place to learn and
thrive. (Ideal Candidate: Is a smart, kind and
compassionate nurse that enjoys working with their team to care for
a diverse collection of patients)
Provides leadership and coordination of unit staffing while
ensuring implementation of clinical objectives and quality patient
- Assigns, directs, educates and monitors nursing and
support staff during assigned shift. Contributes to or performs
performance evaluations of staff.
- Assesses daily patient care needs and develops and
distributes patient care assignments, ensuring that population
appropriate patient care is given.
- Collaborates with advanced practice providers to ensure
- Evaluates the effectiveness of patient care and
identifies any issues that affect desired patient
- Responds to complaints about patient care and manages
through established channels.
- May provide input for hiring, training, directing,
developing and evaluating staff.
- Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of accredited school of nursing
- One year of registered nurse experience
- Constant use of speech to share information through oral
- Constant standing and walking.
- Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing
- Frequent sitting, reaching and keyboard use/data entry.
- Frequent use of vision and depth perception for distances near
(20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more) and to identify and
- Frequent use of smell to detect/recognize odors.
- Frequent use of hearing to receive oral communication,
distinguish body sounds and/or hear alarms, malfunctioning
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects
weighing 25-50 lbs.
- Occasional lifting/moving of patients.
- Occasional bending, stooping, kneeling, squatting, twisting,
gripping and repetitive foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
- Occasional driving.
- Rare crawling and running.
Keywords: SSM Health, St. Louis , RN-Charge Nurse, Medical Unit/Oncology, Other , Saint Louis, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!