Company: SSM Health
Location: Saint Louis
Posted on: October 11, 2021
If you like making a difference in our patients care by
providing nourishment with the food you prepare and cook , please
Prepares and presents nourishing food to patients, guests and
employees under sanitary conditions as directed and in accordance
with established policies and procedures. May prepare baked goods
according to recipes and production standards.
- Prepares foods by following recipes and/or production standards
for preparing, seasoning, cooking, baking, tasting, carving, and
serving soups, meats, vegetables, desserts and other foods. Follows
recipes and product directions to prepare items such as breads,
rolls, cakes, muffins, biscuits. Ensures all food is prepared in
accordance with current applicable federal, state and HACCP
guidelines and regulations to ensure the highest quality food.
- Performs quality assurance tasks such as routine temperature
checks for final cook temperature and holding. Responds to quality
assurance concerns and documents for future reference.
- Maintains a sanitary work environment through following
established procedures. Ensures all equipment is maintained and in
good working order.
- Stores or disposes of food remaining after each meal service
following safe food storage and labeling procedures. Maintains
cleanliness and orderliness of the coolers, freezers and
- Maintains accurate records (e.g. production, waste, food
temperatures, and thermometer calibration, etc..) as outlined in
the corporate policies and procedures.
- Consults with the clinical dietitian on modified diets or
patient special requests as necessary.
- Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Constant standing and walking.
- Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing
- Frequent reaching and gripping.
- Frequent use of vision and depth perception for distances near
(20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more) and to identify and
- Frequent use of hearing and speech to share information through
oral communication. Ability to hear alarms, malfunctioning
- Frequent use of smell and taste to distinguish differences or
similarities in intensity or quality of flavors and/or odors, or
recognizing particular flavors and/or odors.
- Occasional bending, stooping, climbing, kneeling, sitting,
squatting, twisting and repetitive foot/leg and hand/arm
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects
weighing 25-50 lbs.
- Occasional keyboard use/data entry.
- Occasional driving.
Keywords: SSM Health, St. Louis , Cook II, Other , Saint Louis, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!