Information About this Position
- 36 Hours per Week
- Benefits Eligible
- Up To $12,500 Sign-On Bonus
Company and Job Overview
Hospital is the St. Louis region’s top adult
hospital. Formed from the merger of the former Barnes and Jewish
Hospitals to become Missouri’s largest hospital, it continues the
traditions of its predecessors along with its partner, Washington
University School of Medicine, in providing cutting-edge
treatments, educating future medical professionals and working to
make our community as healthy as it can be.
For over two decades Barnes-Jewish Hospital has been ranked on the
U.S. News & World Report Best Hospitals Honor Roll. In 2021,
Barnes-Jewish ranked 17th overall with 11 specialties being ranked.
The hospital was also the first hospital in Missouri to be
designated as a Magnet® hospital in 2003 by the American Nurses
Credentialing Center for excellence in nursing and has been
redesignated consistently since.
Barnes-Jewish Hospital is a teaching hospital staffed by more than
1,500 Washington University Physicians, the clinical practice for
the Washington University School of medicine. The academic medicine
partnership has developed many treatments and procedures that are
now common across the globe.
The House Supervisor is delegated the
authority and responsibility for administrative supervision of
patient care and other hospital departments, serving as a
representative of Administration in the absence of the
Administrator during off shifts. Acts as a liaison with departments
and/or consults with Administrator on call to handle unusual
circumstances, appropriate resources, and investigate and resolve
- Manages individual(s) including but not limited to:
hires, trains, assigns work, manages & evaluates performance,
conducts professional development plans. Ensures that the
productivity and actions of that group meet/support the overall
operational goals of the department as established by department
- Supervises the delivery of safe and appropriate patient
care across the organization. Effectively responds to special
circumstances and acts as the on site leader.
- Assists with patient care operations and integration of
services between departments.
- Assists in the clinical development of nursing staff,
including observing and coaching staff in performance of clinical
duties and interpersonal interactions and monitoring staff and unit
compliance in accordance with regulatory guidelines.
- Functions as a liaison between Administration and all
departments and customers.
- Ensures that the productivity and actions of that group
meet/support the overall operational goals of the department as
established by department leadership.
- May participate in the development of departmental
staffing, revenue and/or expense budgets and having direct
responsibility for adhering to those goals. This includes
responding to changes in the business which may affect the ability
to achieve the budget goals.
- BJC has determined this is a safety-sensitive position.
The ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe
manner is an essential function of this job.
- Performs Other Responsibilities as Assigned.
- Nursing Diploma/Associate's in Nursing
- 2-5 years of experience
- <2 years of supervisor experience
- RN license
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing
- 5-10 years of experience
Note: not all benefits apply to all
- Comprehensive medical, dental, life
insurance, and disability plan options
- Pension Plan*/403(b) Plan
- 401(k) plan
- Tuition Assistance
- Health Care and Dependent Care Reimbursement Accounts
- On-Site Fitness Center (depending on location)
- Paid Time Off Program for vacation, holiday and sick
does not apply to Memorial Hospital, Memorial Hospital East, Alton
Memorial or Parkland Health Center
The above information on this description has been designed to
indicate the general nature and level of work performed by
employees in this position. It is not designed to contain or be
interpreted as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties
and qualifications required of employees assigned to this
Equal Opportunity Employer