Information About this Position
Monday - Friday
8:00 am - 4:30 pm
Weekend & Holiday Rotation
Sign On Bonus
Company and Job Overview
BJC Home Care
offers patients and their families a complete range of home care
services, including skilled nursing services, adult and pediatric
hospice and supportive care, rehabilitation therapy, home infusion
therapy, infusion treatment rooms, home medical equipment and
high-tech respiratory care. Specialty home care programs also are
available, including adult and pediatric asthma, cardiac, diabetes,
orthopedic and wound care programs.
BJC Home Care provides care to thousands of patients in both
Missouri and Illinois. Serving more than 25 counties, it has become
the largest home care network in the region and one of the largest
in the country.
Registered Nurse evaluates the client and
furnishes services requiring substantial and specialized skill,
appropriate preventive and rehabilitative nursing procedures, and
instructions to assist the client in learning appropriate self-care
techniques. When assigned as case manager, the staff nurse is
responsible for coordinating all aspects of care related to that
- Monitors patients response and modifies plan of care
- Provides accurate documentation as required.
- Delivers direct patient care by assessing and evaluating
patient's physical, psychosocial and emotional needs.
- Develops and implements individual plans of care in accordance
with the established guidelines and standards of nursing care.
- Educates patients and their families on how to manage their
illness or injury, including post treatment home care needs and
- BJC has determined this is a safety-sensitive position. The
ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe
manner is an essential function of this job.
- Nursing Diploma or Associate's Degree in Nursing
- RN license
- Valid driver's license
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing
- <2 years experience
Note: not all benefits apply to all
- Comprehensive medical, dental, life
insurance, and disability plan options
- Pension Plan*/403(b) Plan
- 401(k) plan
- Tuition Assistance
- Health Care and Dependent Care Reimbursement Accounts
- On-Site Fitness Center (depending on location)
- Paid Time Off Program for vacation, holiday and sick
does not apply to Memorial Hospital, Memorial Hospital East, Alton
Memorial or Parkland Health Center
The above information on this
description has been designed to indicate the general nature and
level of work performed by employees in this position. It is not
designed to contain or be interpreted as an exhaustive list of all
responsibilities, duties and qualifications required of employees
assigned to this job.