Information About this Position
- Up to a $10,000 Sign-On Bonus
- Benefits Eligible
- 12 Hour Shift 7:00 p.m. - 7:00 a.m.
- Nephrology/Telemetry Unit
Company and Job Overview
Hospital is a full-service acute care community
hospital located on 28 acres in north St. Louis County. Christian
Hospital is noted for its excellence in heart services and
lifesaving cardiothoracic surgery, emergency medicine, breast
health services, orthopedic/spine surgery, hyperbaric wound care,
pain management, vascular surgery, endocrinology, gastrointestinal
care, stroke care, nephrology, therapy, radiology, urology,
pulmonary care and treating sleep disorders.
Northwest HealthCare, located six miles
west of Christian Hospital, provides the community 24-hour
emergency care, with Washington University Physicians and St. Louis
Children’s Hospital providing pediatric services. Northwest
HealthCare is also home to the Sleep Disorders Center and a variety
of full-service outpatient diagnostic and imaging services in a
Under the direction of manager,
plans, directs, and coordinates activities of a unit on a
designated shift. Performs direct patient care as needed and
functions as clinical resource to nursing and support staff.
Assesses, plans, evaluates and documents the nursing process of
assigned unit as needed.
- Participates in professional development and life long
- Educates patients and their families on how to manage
their illness or injury, including post treatment home care needs
and medication administration.
- Develops and implements individual plans of care in
collaboration with other members of the healthcare team in
accordance with the established guidelines and standards of nursing
care. Promotes patient and family centered care in a healing
- Provides unit leadership for defined period of time using
critical thinking assessment and evaluation
- Evaluate patients response and modifies plan of care
accordingly throughout the patients' stay.
- BJC has determined this is a safety-sensitive position.
The ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe
manner is an essential function of this job.
- Nursing Diploma/Associate's
- 2-5 years of experience
- No supervisory experience
- RN License
- Bachelor's Degree - Nursing
Note: not all benefits apply to all
- Comprehensive medical, dental, life
insurance, and disability plan options
- Pension Plan*/403(b) Plan
- 401(k) plan
- Tuition Assistance
- Health Care and Dependent Care Reimbursement Accounts
- On-Site Fitness Center (depending on location)
- Paid Time Off Program for vacation, holiday and sick
does not apply to Memorial Hospital, Memorial Hospital East, Alton
Memorial or Parkland Health Center
The above information on this description has been designed to
indicate the general nature and level of work performed by
employees in this position. It is not designed to contain or be
interpreted as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties
and qualifications required of employees assigned to this
Equal Opportunity Employer