Information About this Position
- Day Shift
- Sign-On Bonus Eligible
- Floats between clinics at MO Bap
Company and Job Overview
Missouri Baptist Medical
Center, an acute care hospital in St. Louis County,
offers a full continuum of medical and surgical services, including
heart care, cancer, women and infants, breast health,
gastrointestinal, orthopedic, stroke, therapy, wound and pain
management services. The hospital has a 24-hour adult emergency
department and cares for pediatric patients at a separate emergency
department in collaboration with St. Louis Children’s Hospital.
Missouri Baptist is the first and only
hospital in St. Louis County to be named a Magnet® hospital by the
American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC). The prestigious
designation is the highest credential a health care organization
can receive for nursing excellence and quality patient care. This
recognition has been accomplished by less than nine percent of
hospitals nationwide. Additionally, U.S. News & World Report ranked
the hospital #2 in the St. Louis metro area.
The Medical Assistant (MA) provides
medical assistance under the direction of a physician or other
licensed provider. This position performs select duties for the
promotion of health in the care of patients and delivers care
according to practice protocols and procedures.
- Cleans and prepares exam room for patients.
- Obtains vital signs, patient history and maintains
accurate and prompt charting in the patient's record.
- Performs clinical skills, such as phlebotomy,
electrocardiography (EKGs), point-of-care testing and
- Triage calls, provide test and lab results to patients
and present relevant information to provider with correct medical
- BJC has determined this is a safety-sensitive position. The
ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe
manner is an essential function of this job.
- Performs Other Responsibilities as Assigned.
- <2 years of experience
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation certification
Note: not all benefits apply to all
- Comprehensive medical, dental, life
insurance, and disability plan options
- Pension Plan*/403(b) Plan
- 401(k) plan
- Tuition Assistance
- Health Care and Dependent Care Reimbursement Accounts
- On-Site Fitness Center (depending on location)
- Paid Time Off Program for vacation, holiday and sick
does not apply to Memorial Hospital, Memorial Hospital East, Alton
Memorial or Parkland Health Center
The above information on this description has been designed to
indicate the general nature and level of work performed by
employees in this position. It is not designed to contain or be
interpreted as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties
and qualifications required of employees assigned to this
Equal Opportunity Employer