Retail Pharmacy Technician I
Company: BJC HealthCare
Location: Saint Louis
Posted on: October 6, 2021
Information About this Position
- $2k Sign-on bonus
- Monday-Friday 8-5:30pm
- No weekends
- Downtown location
Company and Job Overview
Health is a community health center that provides and
coordinates behavioral health services for more than 8,000
seriously mentally ill adults and seriously emotionally disturbed
children in St. Louis City, St. Louis County, St. François, Iron
and Washington counties. As an Administrative Agent of the Missouri
Department of Mental Health (DMH), BJC Behavioral Health serves as
a major point of entry for people eligible for mental health
services funded by DMH and is responsible for serving as gatekeeper
to the public mental health system.
The Pharmacy Technician - Retail I,
under the direct supervision of a staff pharmacist and according to
standard procedures, performs general clerical and support duties
for the department. This position is also responsible for entering
information into the pharmacy IT system, selling prescriptions,
managing inventory and completing prescription workflow
- Completes clerical duties, including sending and
receiving tubes and faxes, filing prescriptions and processing mail
and courier prescriptions.
- Enters customer, insurance and prescription information
and completes prescription transfers.
- Sells prescriptions (POS system), handles cash, manages
payment exceptions and reconciles cash.
- Manages inventory (drug and non-drug): orders, stocks
shelves, rotates, organizes, removes expired product, cycle counts
and returns to stock.
- Completes data entry, contact manager, product dispensing
(manual and automated via Parata and RxSafe), and basic
- BJC has determined this is a safety-sensitive position.
The ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe
manner is an essential function of this job.
- High School Diploma or GED
- No Experience
- State Bd Pharm Registration
Note: not all benefits apply to all
- Comprehensive medical, dental, life
insurance, and disability plan options
- Pension Plan*/403(b) Plan
- 401(k) plan
- Tuition Assistance
- Health Care and Dependent Care Reimbursement Accounts
- On-Site Fitness Center (depending on location)
- Paid Time Off Program for vacation, holiday and sick
does not apply to Memorial Hospital, Memorial Hospital East, Alton
Memorial or Parkland Health Center
The above information on this description has been designed to
indicate the general nature and level of work performed by
employees in this position. It is not designed to contain or be
interpreted as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties
and qualifications required of employees assigned to this
Equal Opportunity Employer
Keywords: BJC HealthCare, St. Louis , Retail Pharmacy Technician I, Other , Saint Louis, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!