Company: SSM Health
Location: Saint Louis
Posted on: October 2, 2021
Provides direct assistance to surgeons before, during and after
- Positions patient to give best exposure for surgical procedure,
using stabilizing equipment when necessary, while maximizing
patient comfort and safety.
- Implements physicians orders to provide visualization of the
operative site using appropriate method, including manipulation of
tissue and materials, retraction, sponging, suctioning and
- Utilizes appropriate technique to achieve temporary and
- Assists with body plane closure, application of wound dressings
and securing of drainage systems.
- Applies the existing body of evidence-based practice and
scientific knowledge in health care to nursing practice, ensuring
that nursing care is delivered based on patient’s age-specific
needs and clinical needs as described in the department's Scope of
- As an SSM Health nurse, I will demonstrate the professional
nursing standards defined in the professional practice model.
Uses the ANA Code of Ethics for Nurses to guide his/her response to
the current and evolving health and nursing needs of our patients
and our patient populations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of accredited school of nursing
- Two years' registered nurse experience in an advanced surgical
Keywords: SSM Health, St. Louis , RN-First Assist, Other , Saint Louis, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!