Company: SSM Health
Location: Saint Louis
Posted on: September 13, 2021
Fosters innovation and inquiry and creates a culture that embeds
current knowledge and research into care decisions to improve
patient outcomes and health care delivery systems.
- Applies expertise in nursing practice, education, and research
and ability to educate others (coaching, mentoring, teaching
skills) in the research process.
- Collaborates with other ministries and educational institutions
for multi-site research opportunities and promotes and evaluates
innovative approaches and techniques.
- Provides expertise in design, development, analysis, and
dissemination of new knowledge and the use of evidence to guide and
support clinical practice research and improve current
- Drafts, writes and edits literature review, scientific reports,
papers, journal articles and abstracts and submit grants to support
the integration of research and evidence-based practice.
- Trains and mentors the work of nurse researchers and
coordinates and facilitates resources necessary to support research
- Provides oversight of regional and/or ministry nurse research
and evidence-based practice teams.
- Designs and implements research and evidence-based curricula
that meets nurses’ learning needs to achieve desired patient
outcomes, increase clinical competence, promote error reduction and
patient safety and enhance professional development in
- Collaborates with nursing leadership and staff, develops goals
for research productivity and analyzes the research and
evidence-based practice program’s effectiveness.
- Provides documentation of research activities for recognition
program document (if applicable).
- Serves as the nursing representative on the Institutional
Review Board (if applicable).
- Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Doctorate in nursing or related field with a strong emphasis in
research. Master's degree in nursing if doctorate is in related
field. Graduate of accredited school of nursing
- Five years' registered nurse experience
- Constant use of speech to share information through oral
- Constant standing and walking.
- Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing
- Frequent sitting, reaching and keyboard use/data entry.
- Frequent use of vision and depth perception for distances near
(20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more) and to identify and
- Frequent use of smell to detect/recognize odors.
- Frequent use of hearing to receive oral communication,
distinguish body sounds and/or hear alarms, malfunctioning
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects
weighing 25-50 lbs.
- Occasional lifting/moving of patients.
- Occasional bending, stooping, kneeling, squatting, twisting,
gripping and repetitive foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
- Occasional driving.
- Rare crawling and running.
Keywords: SSM Health, St. Louis , RN-Nurse Scientist, Other , Saint Louis, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!