RN-Intermediate Adult Behavioral Health, Weekend Option Days
Company: SSM Health
Location: Saint Louis
Posted on: September 13, 2021
Sign on Bonus Eligible-$8,000
This is an acute unit meaning those patients who are unstable
with a higher acuity: attempted Suicide, Psychotic, Manic,
Aggressive, Sexually Inappropriate, Involuntary patients, Elopement
risk patients, etc. I will be transitioning to an Intermediate Unit
but we are still working on and waiting to see what are admission
criteria is so I have a hard time speaking to it. (Ideal Candidate:
candidate would have some sort of experience with Behavioral Health
or worked in situations that had escalated customers/clients and
had to calm/de-escalate the situation. They would have a calm
demeanor, but not appear to be afraid of situations. If a patient
gets violent on the unit it is the core staff that completes
Provides direct patient care to behavioral health patients in
accordance with the established policies and procedures of the
- Completes admitting and shift assessments on assigned patients
including behaviors; accurately and within time-frame set in policy
- Utilizes critical thinking skills and judgement to analyze
patient assessment data and notify physician of changes in
- Participates in the development, review and evaluation of
multidisciplinary treatment plans as per policies and
- Documents all nursing care given and adheres to nursing
standards and ministry policies and procedures.
- Consistently and accurately implements and records physicians
- Assesses and monitors patients and environment for safety
within the unit.
- Serves as a clinical resource and supervises care delivered by
LPN's and techs.
- Educates patients and families based on assessed needs and
documents education provided in the Electronic Health Record.
- Applies the existing body of evidence-based practice and
scientific knowledge in health care to nursing practice, ensuring
that nursing care is delivered based on patient’s age-specific
needs and clinical needs as described in the department's Scope of
- As an SSM Health nurse, I will demonstrate the professional
nursing standards defined in the professional practice model.
Uses the ANA Code of Ethics for Nurses to guide his/her response to
the current and evolving health and nursing needs of our patients
and our patient populations.
- Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of accredited school of nursing
- Constant use of speech to share information through oral
- Constant standing and walking.
- Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing
- Frequent sitting, reaching and keyboard use/data entry.
- Frequent use of vision and depth perception for distances near
(20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more) and to identify and
- Frequent use of smell to detect/recognize odors.
- Frequent use of hearing to receive oral communication,
distinguish body sounds and/or hear alarms, malfunctioning
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects
weighing 25-50 lbs.
- Occasional lifting/moving of patients.
- Occasional bending, stooping, kneeling, squatting, twisting,
gripping and repetitive foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
- Occasional driving.
- Rare crawling and running.
Keywords: SSM Health, St. Louis , RN-Intermediate Adult Behavioral Health, Weekend Option Days, Other , Saint Louis, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!