Account Manager I- Employer, Small/Mid-Markets - Remote Opportunity!!
Company: Magellan Health
Location: Saint Louis
Posted on: September 12, 2021
Overall management of assigned book of business for the
company’s products and services in order to achieve profitable
retention of accounts.
- Supports in the development and maintenance of a strategic
business plan that fully reflects the customer’s business
objectives and how the company solutions align to those objectives
and specifically guides our operational, financial, network,
clinical and relationship initiatives.
- Understands the customer’s structure and demonstrates the
ability to apply this knowledge in business and retention planning
for the client.
- Ensures Service Level Agreement performance.
- Owns overall internal account satisfaction within the company
as well as satisfaction with all specific areas particularly
- Develops strong relationships which penetrate the customer at
various levels involving other internal company staff to maintain
multiple connections and strengthen the overall relationship.
- Develops strong internal relationships and contacts within the
company that are supportive of the achievement of customer service
requirements including attainment of performance guarantees and
minimization of performance penalty expense.
- Ensures all Customer and Account-Facing services are provided
in a consistent and timely fashion.
- Supports the Internal Customer Operating Model.
- Resolves or appropriately escalates customer service issues in
conjunction with operations (claims, service, and systems).
- Provides mentoring to Account Support Specialists in effective
problem solving and servicing of the account.
- Executes the customer governance process.
- Builds relationships and alliances with matrix partners.
- Coordinates with the compliance department on knowing and
understanding regulations and the implication to customer
- Maintains a client audit schedule to ensure a proactive
approach in supporting critical client compliance.
- Coordinates all customer audit preparation and execution.
- Proactively communicates to internal and external
- Demonstrates contract understanding and detailed knowledge of
- Assists in the coordination with legal to ensure contract
- Supports the account management team in the definition of
customer reports and ensures coordination with the client.
- Oversees reporting calendar to ensure timely submission.
- Analyzes data and reporting, and supports executive summary
- Prepares and supports presentations of customer reports with
meaningful analytics, trending and recommendations for program
improvement based on findings.
- Ensures all client reports have an executive summary and
explanation of data.
- Supports the account management team ensuring revenue goals are
met, cost of care and administrative expenses are managed and
segment profit targets are achieved for assigned account (s).
- Demonstrates a thorough knowledge of Cost of Care and
implications internally and for the client.
- Supports the account management team to ensure performance
standards are measurable and realistic to achieve and/or exceed to
avoid penalties. Partners with Operations and Network on
monitoring. Manages methodology, reporting and
- Directly participates and supports manager on all renewal
- Manages risks and develop opportunities associated with
- Analyzes account benefits and has the ability to apply this
knowledge to growth.
- Supports up-sell and renewal activities across assigned
- Where applicable, achieves objectives regarding the EAP
- Supports health plan with behavioral health retail sales.
- Identifies products and services that bring solutions to the
customer based on a thorough understanding of the customer’s
strategic business goals and the business needs.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the company products and how multiple
products are interdependent within the customer contract
deliverables and clinical outcomes.
Based on client contract, may require
clinical licensure in good standing (RN, LCSW, LMHC, LPC,
Pharmacist) for state in which work is performed.
Account Manager I- Employer, Small/Mid-Markets - Remote
Account Management, Sales
A Combination of Education and Work Experience May Be Considered.
(Required), Bachelors (Required)
Certifications - Required
Certifications - Preferred
Magellan Health, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity
Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled.
Every employee must understand, comply with and attest to the
security responsibilities and security controls unique to their
position; and comply with all applicable legal, regulatory, and
contractual requirements and internal policies and procedures.
Keywords: Magellan Health, St. Louis , Account Manager I- Employer, Small/Mid-Markets - Remote Opportunity!!, Other , Saint Louis, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!