RN - Pediatric Patient Transportation
Company: SSM Health
Location: Saint Louis
Posted on: September 8, 2021
*$10k Sign on Bonus*
Speak with a recruiter today!
Functions as the crew lead for neonatal / pediatric specialty team
transports. Collaborates to provide exceptional care during the
ground or air transport of acute or critically ill / injured
neonatal or pediatric patients. The team’s care is guided by
clinical assessment, critical thinking, established patient care
guidelines (PCGs) and in-direct medical control. Manages customer
service and experience; collaborating for education and process
improvement initiatives; patient care documentation and equipment
- Achieves and maintains proficient knowledge of transport team
Patient Care Guidelines (PCGs).
- Maintains currency and documentation of prescribed education,
certifications and licensures.
- Assists and performs daily inventory of equipment on ambulance,
aircraft, in storerooms and equipment bags.
- Maintains thorough patient care documentation according to the
standard outlined by department and entity policy.
- Utilizes transport and critical care equipment in a competent
- Performs or assists with Basic Life Support (BLS) and Advanced
Life Support (ALS) skills during patient care including but not
limited to: initiation of PIV/IO/UVC; managing IV fluids (including
blood products); naso/oral/pharyngeal suctioning; insertion of
NG/OG tubes; needle thoracotomy; and insertion/maintenance of an
endotracheal tube or LMA.
- Maintains an awareness of current issues related to transport
medicine through participation in professional activities, i.e.
national, state legislative-elected or appointed.
- Participates/attends in-house education, outreach education,
department process improvement projects, undertakes and maintains
projects to include research and publishing opportunities.
- Acts as a preceptor and/or participates in orientation of new
employees and students as assigned.
- Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of accredited school of nursing
- Three years' registered nurse experience in critical care
- Constant use of speech to share information through oral
- Constant standing and walking.
- Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing
- Frequent sitting, reaching and keyboard use/data entry.
- Frequent use of vision and depth perception for distances near
(20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more) and to identify and
- Frequent use of smell to detect/recognize odors.
- Frequent use of hearing to receive oral communication,
distinguish body sounds and/or hear alarms, malfunctioning
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects
weighing 25-50 lbs.
- Occasional lifting/moving of patients.
- Occasional bending, stooping, kneeling, squatting, twisting,
gripping and repetitive foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
- Occasional driving.
- Rare crawling and running.
Keywords: SSM Health, St. Louis , RN - Pediatric Patient Transportation, Other , Saint Louis, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!