SVP, Chief Sales Officer- Remote Position!
Company: Magellan Health
Location: Saint Louis
Posted on: September 5, 2021
Leads the sales and account management planning and strategy for
Magellan Healthcare. Provides strategic direction and ensures
implementation of new and existing accounts. Integrally involved in
the close collaboration with senior leadership in product strategy,
development, pricing and launch. Works closely with Magellan’s
Growth Office and Marketing department on strategy and tactics to
support new business development. Provides the executive team with
regular updates on sales and customer related activities.
- Develops the sales and account management portions
of the strategic plan, including market environment and
opportunity, sales forecast, sales strategy, up-sell
opportunities, and blue-sky forecast.
- Develops the go-to-market sales strategies, initial client
sales, account management structure, and client
- Drives overall sales performance in meeting annual blue-sky
- Establishes and leads a team of high-performance business
development, sales and account management professionals.
- Supports the team in developing and executing innovative,
winning strategies that are incorporated into all
sales proposals, meetings and presentations.
- Cultivates key decision-maker relationships and promotes
relationships developed by the sales and executive team. Must be
knowledgeable and actively engaged with the sales team for all
pipeline targets and deal closures.
- Identifies models and strategies that promotes risk sales.
- Reviews calls to current customers, prospects,
pipeline cases, and proposals.
- Engages key customers and prospective cases with
internal and external teams (strategy calls, editing proposals,
presentations, follow-up materials, meeting preparation, and
attends selective meetings).
- Develops up-sell strategy with account management.
- Develops sales perspective on financial model for new
- Participates in strategic business unit (SBU) underwriting
calls for all risk and key Administrative Services Only (ASO)
- Establishes market-sizing and business case for new products
and segments and sales perspective on product model.
- Develops and executes go-to-market strategy and lead generation
strategy, tactics, timeline, execution, and results.
- Develops sales portion of 5-year plan, sales forecasting and
budgeting, team management, monthly operating reports, board of
directors presentations, pipeline reports, and executive
- Develops due diligence along with sales integration for
mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, corporate duties, OneMagellan
initiatives, sales incentive plan, branding, etc.
- Team player who promotes and models strong collaboration with
the sales and account management teams and peers.
- Understands the critical role of creating and promoting a sales
culture that engages and leverages the senior team in
the sales, growth, and account retention
- Strong financial background in risk product underwriting. Works
closely with underwriting on strategic pricing for winning
- Excellent writing skills to articulate value propositioning in
designing and developing presentations and collateral
- Demonstrated success in differentiated value positioning for
both individual case sales and new products (including for
- Ability to translate strategy into tactical presentation and
- Outstanding interpersonal skills to develop strong
relationships with all stakeholders (Magellan team, SBU team,
sales and account management
- Demonstrated success selling to health plans, and large
employer groups, including C-suite engagement.
- Experience distributing products through partnerships.
- Ability to identify opportunities and shape strategies that
maximize risk-based contracts.
- Creative thinking to reshape strategy and approach to overcome
barriers and objections to close cases.
- In-depth understanding of market environment and competition
for specialty products.
- Master's Degree preferred (MBA).
SVP, Chief Sales Officer- Remote Position!
Bachelors (Required), Masters: Business Administration
Certifications - Required
Certifications - Preferred
Magellan Health, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity
Employer and a Tobacco-free workplace. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled.
Every employee must understand, comply with and attest to the
security responsibilities and security controls unique to their
position; and comply with all applicable legal, regulatory, and
contractual requirements and internal policies and procedures.
Keywords: Magellan Health, St. Louis , SVP, Chief Sales Officer- Remote Position!, Other , Saint Louis, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!