Company: SSM Health
Location: Saint Louis
Posted on: July 19, 2021
Pediatric-Performs diagnostic sleep studies related to the
evaluation and treatment of patients with sleep disorders.
- Prepares patient and equipment for ordered testing. Interviews
patient to determine sleep disorder issues and to explain testing
- Performs and documents testing. Monitors the patient throughout
testing and intervenes as necessary to resolve patient needs or
- Applies patient monitoring devices (EEG electrodes, EKG, EMG,
EOG, airflow, respiratory effort, and oximetry) and records
- Collect, analyze and integrate patient information to identify
and meet patient-specific needs; scores, interprets, and reports
results of sleep studies.
- Prepares, calibrates, repairs and maintains equipment required
for testing. Determines and reports needed
- Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Constant use of speech to share information through oral
- Constant standing and walking.
- Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing
- Frequent sitting, reaching and keyboard use/data entry.
- Frequent use of vision and depth perception for distances near
(20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more) and to identify and
- Frequent use of smell to detect/recognize odors.
- Frequent use of hearing to receive oral communication,
distinguish body sounds and/or hear alarms, malfunctioning
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects
weighing 25-50 lbs.
- Occasional lifting/moving of patients.
- Occasional bending, stooping, kneeling, squatting, twisting,
gripping and repetitive foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
- Occasional driving.
- Rare crawling and running.
Keywords: SSM Health, St. Louis , Polysomnographer, Other , Saint Louis, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!