Part-Time Maintenance Custodian
Company: Boys and Girls Clubs of Greater St. Louis
Location: Saint Louis
Posted on: June 13, 2021
POSITION/TITLE: Maintenance Custodian
Position Summary: Maintain a clean working environment for all
staff, members, and visitors. Ensure all areas are safe.
Work Schedule: 1:00 pm until 6:00 pm or 12:00 pm until 5:00
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Perform regular preventive maintenance on machines, equipment
and plant facilities.
- Cleans and sanitizes bathrooms.
- Cleans, mops, washes, scrubs, waxes, polishes, buffs, and
vacuums floor using industrial vacuum cleaners and scrubbing and
- Empties trash.
- Maintains outside walk areas including sweeping debris, raking
leaves, and washing walkways and remove snow or .perform other
incidental seasonal tasks
- Maintains landscape: water, cut and trim flowers, shrubs, and
grass including removing debris.
- Cleans and polishes fixtures.
- Removes recycling materials.
- Tracks and orders supplies.
- Sometimes using ladders, dusts and washes walls, cleans
ceilings and windows, and dusts and polishes light fixtures.
- Cleans windows.
- Dusts furniture.
- Moves cabinets, boxes, furniture, crates and equipment to clean
areas as well as during office moves and events.
- Removes stains from such surfaces as rugs, drapes, walls, and
floors using chemicals and cleaning solutions.
- Comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly
- Detect faulty operations, defective material, hazards or unsafe
conditions and report those and any unusual situations to proper
- All other duties as assigned.
Education, Knowledge and Skills:
- High School diploma or G.E.D. certificate
- Satisfactory criminal background check.
- Completion of abuse prevention training upon hire.
- Must be able to use PC including email and time clock.
- PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to
50 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force
constantly to move objects.
- Capable of frequent balancing, climbing, reaching, stooping,
bending, kneeling, or crouching.
- Capable of prolonged, extensive, or considerable standing,
pushing, pulling, lifting, grasping, and walking.
- May be subject to both inside and outside environmental
conditions. Inside weather conditions provides protection from
weather conditions but not necessarily temperature changes and
outside environmental conditions provides no effective protection
- The employee may be subject to sufficient noise to cause the
employee to shout in order to be heard above the ambient noise
Keywords: Boys and Girls Clubs of Greater St. Louis, St. Louis , Part-Time Maintenance Custodian, Other , Saint Louis, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!