Location: Saint Louis
Posted on: June 13, 2021
CORP-Randolph-Chicago-IL, P&C-Gran Bay Parkway
West-Jacksonville-FL, St. Louis MO
Kemper is one of the nation's leading specialized insurers. Our
success is a direct reflection of the talented and diverse people
who make a positive difference in the lives of our customers every
day. We believe a high-performing culture, valuable opportunities
for personal development and professional challenge, and a healthy
work-life balance can be highly motivating and productive. Kemper's
products and services are making a real difference to our
customers, who have unique and evolving needs. By joining our team,
you are helping to provide an experience to our stakeholders that
delivers on our promises.
Kemper is seeking an experienced Program Manager for our Life
business unit. The Program Manager will support the organization in
leading initiatives aimed to sustain the growth and evolution of
the organization by partnering with the Senior Leadership Team of
Kemper Life. This role combines implementation of strategy through
project delivery, while driving process improvement wherever
Reporting to the Assistant Vice President, Strategic Planning
and Portfolio, this position is a key contributor to a high
caliber, highly visible and fast-paced executive team, supporting
and interacting with Senior Leadership, cross-functional
stakeholders, and teams in a heavily matrixed environment. In this
role, you will take ownership of projects/ programs from initiation
to delivery: business case, scope, cost, schedule, action cycles,
risks, issues, decisions, interdependencies, and milestones. This
role must be able to successfully navigate matrix environments,
partner with the business unit executive leadership and enterprise
shared services and communicate across functions and at all
- Facilitate decisions by project teams ensuring adhering to
project/program and functional governance.
- Manage multiple strategic projects with multiple sub-projects
- Engages and works alongside cross-functional stakeholders to
manage strategic initiatives
- Provide and align program with strategic goals and long-term
- Align project documents with corporate and business
- Manage budget, scope and schedules for programs plus benefits
- Provide timely and accurate communication with project staff
throughout the life cycle of the project.
- Ensure methodology compliance; document problem areas and
coordinate resolutions; reporting to management as necessary.
- Utilize structured methodology and project planning tools.
- Work closely with business leadership to set priorities based
on business needs, resource capacity, risk exposure,
interdependencies and benefits realization.
- Facilitate issue resolution; revision requests and control use
- Manage information in a visually appealing and easy to
understand method (synthetize information).
- Drive results across a diverse team of dynamic communicators
- Strong execution leader with technology background, excellent
communication skills and business acumen
- Business partner/execution leader that works on executing
strategic initiatives against plan (budget, scope, timeline)
- Extensive experience in authoring fundamental Project artifacts
(Charter, RAID, Risk Register, Benefits Register, etc)
- 5-10 years Project Management experience in a large corporate
- Life insurance experience preferred
- Strong analytical skills, and ability to drive data-based
- Ability to work effectively with business, actuary, product and
- BS in Business Management or related field required; MA or MBA
- 7-10 Years of progressive business experience, with
demonstrated cross functional leadership experience
- 3 or more years in strategic leadership, project management,
change management, business analysis, operations, product
development, analytics and/or execution experience required.
- PMP and/or Agile Certification preferred
- Strong, professional, communication and collaboration skills at
an executive level
- Must be able to handle occasional travel as needed when the
offices open back up.
Kemper is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All
applicants will be considered for employment without attention to
race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, veteran, disability status or any other status
protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we
operate. We are committed to supporting diversity and equality
across our organization and we work diligently to maintain a
workplace free from discrimination.
Kemper does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from
search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be
considered the property of Kemper and Kemper will not be obligated
to pay a placement fee.
Keywords: Kemper, St. Louis , Program Manager, Other , Saint Louis, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!