Business Systems Analyst
Location: Saint Louis
Posted on: June 13, 2021
Business System Analyst - Manufacturing
At Post Consumer Brands, the Business System Analyst (BSA) is
the business facing arm of IT, acting as the expert in both our
business capabilities and the technology that supports our
business. This role is responsible for understanding and owning the
systems that run the business, driving value to the business
through the expanded use of our systems, and providing continuous
improvement leadership across the IT application landscape. The BSA
will ensure that the application portfolio meets the business
needs. In addition, the BSA is responsible for collaborating with
business leaders in assigned functional areas and IT partners to
help define business requirements for technological solutions that
support complex business processes. This role is responsible for
providing in-depth insights on IT and system capabilities and
integration to business processes. The BSA must deliver high
quality, timely information to support a wide range of initiatives
to make sound business decisions.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Analytical
skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and
disseminate significant amounts of information.
- Strong understanding of respective functional area and how it
interacts with upstream and downstream processes.
Thought Leadership and Relationship Management:
- Explore existing system capabilities and new solution
technologies in support of business process improvements.
- Participate in business process/department/functional group
activities within respective area on regular basis to understand
business needs and challenges to help facilitate improvements.
- Strong collaboration and facilitation skills - responsible for
collaboration sessions needed to document requirements, current and
future state processes, and provide thought leadership on how to
best use technology to solve business challenges.
- Write functional specification documents and user stories from
- Provide guidance to technical team on functional design,
business processes and overall value of solution.
- Act as liaison between business, developers and project
- Act as application owner both during application implementation
and after it is in service.
- Own creation/maintenance of test scripts, test scenarios, and
test plans for both integration and functional system testing.
- Ensure IT deliverables align with the business requirements
with measurable results.
- Ensure that the solution meets acceptance criteria and delivers
on business case.
- Work closely with developers to ensure requirements and design
are completely understood.
- Work closely with business resources to identify/document
current and future state business processes.
- Lead coordination and support of UAT - Identify areas to be
tested, test scenarios, testing resources and facilitate testing
sessions. Ensuring sufficient test scripts and scenarios are
Continuous Improvement/Support Services:
- Facilitate cross-functional team efforts to drive root cause
analysis and resolution of system issues.
Required Experiences and Capabilities
- 5+ years of experience as a business systems analyst or
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Management Information
Systems or equivalent work experience.
- Experience creating process maps, gathering business
requirements, writing functional specifications, writing user
stories, creating test plans and writing test scripts.
Preferred Experiences and Capabilities
- Experience with plant manufacturing systems, preferably in the
Consumer Packaged Goods industry.
- 3+ years of experience with ERP systems, core foundational
principles, ability to read and understand code.
- Experience working in and supporting a SOX-compliant
Post Holdings provides equal employment opportunities to all
employees and applicants for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age,
disability, genetic information, marital status, status as a
covered veteran and any other category protected under applicable
federal, state, provincial and local laws.
Keywords: Malt-O-Meal, St. Louis , Business Systems Analyst, Other , Saint Louis, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!