Assistant Janitorial Manager - $300 Hiring Bonus!
Location: Saint Louis
Posted on: June 13, 2021
Take the lead in keeping our stores safe and sparkling.
Are you a super cleaner who takes pride in the quality of your
work? Do you want to play a key role on the team that creates a
fantastic first impression for Dierbergs stores? Do you love being
on the go and sharing a friendly smile with everyone you encounter?
If so, you're the one we need as Assistant Janitorial Manager.
In this entry-level management role, you'll support our
Janitorial Manager in preparing stores before opening through deep
cleaning and then keeping them in top shape throughout the day.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Maintaining total store appearance by polishing floors,
cleaning restrooms, removing trash, maintaining light fixtures and
handling any spills
- Helping to mentor, coach and lead other janitorial staff by
providing supervision and feedback, as well as setting a great
example by always going above and beyond
- Working safely with proper floor-care techniques and use of
hazard cones and wet floor signs, safe use of equipment and
chemicals, and adherence to all safety guidelines
Why Dierbergs is different
- Dierbergs is ranked in the Top 5 of supermarkets for
cleanliness by Consumer Reports, which speaks volumes about our
dedicated team. We want you to share and help us build on that
- The janitorial team in each store is like a small family. In
addition, you'll enjoy interacting with Associates in every
department across the store, as well as with friendly
- You will be treated with respect and valued for keeping our
store immaculate. Unlike some jobs, this role at Dierbergs offers
room for growth, including advancement into managerial roles and
opportunities beyond environmental services.
- You'll work 40 hours per week. We clean before stores open and
keep them clean during operating hours (most stores are open until
What you need to succeed
- A high school diploma or equivalent
- Basic knowledge of maintenance equipment and chemicals
- A strong work ethic, with the independence to tackle a list of
scheduled duties and the initiative to react to issues that arise
during the day
- Lifting & Carrying - Up to 50 lbs occasionally
- Pushing & Pulling- Up to 50 lbs of force occasionally
- Occasional - Sit, handling, crawling, climbing, overhead reach,
& power grip
- Frequent - Stand, walk, head turn, kneel, stoop, squat, forward
reach, side reach, grasp, pinch, finger manipulation, & feel
What's in it for you?
- Medical and dental401(k) planvacation and personal days
- Weekly paychecks - yes, we are going to pay you every single
- Work/life balance and flexible scheduling so you can have a
- Training and growth potential to help you reach your career
goals with us
- Discounts at the Starbucks kiosks inside some of our
- Wellness initiatives, Associate appreciation and volunteer
opportunities to keep you engaged and involved
This description is representative only and is not exhaustive of
the tasks that an Associate in the position may be required to
Keywords: Dierbergs, St. Louis , Assistant Janitorial Manager - $300 Hiring Bonus!, Other , Saint Louis, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!