Senior DevOps Engineer I
Company: Epsilon Systems Solutions, Inc.
Location: Saint Louis
Posted on: June 13, 2021
Epsilon C5I (http://epsilonsystems.com/c5i)
is seeking an Elastic DevOps Engineer with at least 6 years of
experience for work in St Louis, MO. In this role, you will be part
of a team providing development, integration, and sustainment of
Geospatial Intelligence data management services in the Cloud,
across multiple security enclaves. Our engineers will develop and
integrate new services to manage and disseminate mission data to
authorized users. These modernized services will allow the
government to retire the legacy library systems and provide new
functionality that addresses enduring and emerging missions. If you
have a passion for excellence in engineering and enjoy working on
challenging projects in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the programs Elastic as a Service (EaaS) team to
provide quality cost-effective search solutions to the client.
- Architect, build and maintain Lab, on premise, and/or cloud
infrastructure to support team and customer initiatives
- Maintain and improve existing infrastructure (build out
autoscaling, support new services, optimize for cost
- Work with a highly functional team in developing and automating
data ingest, optimizing system and search performance, integration
with enterprise authentication services, and establishing/improving
system monitoring while maintaining established security protocols
development, test, and production systems.
- Other responsibilities will include working with the team to
define task breakdowns and effort estimates; as well as preparing
design and test documents.
- Administer production, staging and development
- Monitor and analyze system performance, such as server load and
- Maintain and improve existing build and deployment processes
using CI/CD tools
- Apply configuration management disciplines to maintain software
revisions, security patches, hardening, and documentation
- Enforce best practices for security and reliability, and drive
security initiatives, like access control and vulnerability
- Work with A&A Teams to maintain security requirements for
operation of systems
- Perform routine equipment checks and preventative
- Maintain up to date documentation of
- Actively participate with Scrum development teams and
- Work with other service providers to support areas of common
- On-call support may be required
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Programming, Science, Engineering
or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of
education, technical training, or work/military experience.
- At least ten (10+) years of professional experience
architecting, building and maintaining Lab, on premise, and/or
- At least three (3+) years of related systems programming
- Must hold an active DoD TS/SCI clearance.
- Experience working within Linux distributions (ie. RedHat and
- Strong Understanding of DevOps and software/application
- Experience with GitLab, Jenkins, Nexus, and other DevOps and
- Experience with cloud orchestration tools (i.e. SALT,
- Experience with public and private clouds (ie. AWS, Google,
Azure, Gov Cloud)
- Experience with Python framework and Shell scripting
- Knowledge of network technologies, common infrastructure
components, load balancers, firewalls, virtual and physical
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Must possess excellent time management skills and the drive to
- Flexible and able to work in a dynamic, team-oriented
- Familiar with Microsoft Office application (Word, Excel, and
- Pursuant to the various government contractual requirements,
all applicants must be U.S. Citizens.
- Experience building Amazon EC2 instances and S3 buckets for
development, test, and production environments
- Experience working with Elasticsearch
- Experience working with API Management tools (Kong, etc)
- Experience working closely with software development teams
- Understanding of access management and security groups (i.e.
IAM, S3 bucket, Cloud Trail, SSH, etc.)
- Ability to write and use unit and functional testing
- Able to handle prolonged sitting and use of computer.
- Office environment.
Epsilon C5I and its subsidiaries are proud to be Equal
Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers,
Keywords: Epsilon Systems Solutions, Inc., St. Louis , Senior DevOps Engineer I, Other , Saint Louis, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!