Security Officer 1
Company: Dean Health
Location: Saint Louis
Posted on: June 13, 2021
- Protects property and staff by conducting interior and exterior
rounds, observing for safety and security issues, theft, and
monitoring of parking lots.
- Promotes visitor and employee safety while they are on the
organization's property by providing door checks, detecting
lighting deficiencies, confirming proper operation of elevators,
assisting with disruptive individuals, patient restraints and
provides escorts to both staff and clients when requested.
- Responds to overhead pages or requests for assistance,
including escorting emergency personnel through the building, as
well as provide post-mortem services.
- Provides professional customer service when dealing with
complex and dynamic situations when approached by staff or clients
and utilizes a proactive approach to identifying safety and
security hazards by communicating with clinical staff.
- Observes and reports any security concerns/assessments.
Completes incident reports and shift logs and forwards to
- Provides maintenance assistance through property conservation
and campus safety approaches such as: alarm testing, check life
safety equipment, automated external defibrillators (AEDs), oxygen
tanks, fire extinguishers, access control, badging, etc., door
integrity checks etc.
- Enforces policies and procedures of the organization.
- Assist with monitoring, reviewing and investigating incidents
utilizing the video management system.
- Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Constant use of hearing to receive oral communication and hear
alarms, malfunctioning machinery, etc.
- Constant use of vision for distances near (20 inches or less)
and far (20 feet or more).
- Constant lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing
- Frequent use of speech to share information through oral
- Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing
- Frequent standing, twisting and walking.
- Frequent use of vision to judge distances and spatial
relationships and to identify and distinguish colors.
- Occasional bending, stooping, climbing, kneeling, sitting,
squatting, reaching, gripping and repetitive foot/leg and hand/arm
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects
weighing over 50 lbs.
- Occasional keyboard use/data entry.
- Occasional use of smell to detect/recognize odors.
- Occasional driving.
- Rare crawling, running and lifting/moving patients.
- Provides a reasonably safe and secure environment by providing
security services for the staff, patients, visitors, and premises
as well as be first responders to urgent facility matters.
Keywords: Dean Health, St. Louis , Security Officer 1, Other , Saint Louis, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!