QC Logistics Technician 3
Company: Merck KGaA
Location: Saint Louis
Posted on: June 13, 2021
A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery:
our 58,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays
through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science
and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we
have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant
ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business
of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization.
External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
AtMilliporeSigmathe QC LogisticsTechnician 3 will performa
varietyoffunctionsaccording to established protocolsin support of
theQuality Controltesting laboratories.
- Safely perform operations,ensuring qualityexpectations are
metthroughout the process.
- Participate in sample logistics functions including material
movements in SAP, bulk sampling, analytical weigh-ups,delivery to
labs, sample retain management,ship materials to outside
- Weigh chemicals with the correct amount of precision, as
dictated by the type of assay and quantity of product
- Contribute to support functions of the lab (e.g., maintain
equipment, restock lab, waste disposal, material deliveries,
- Independently review hazards of materials prior to use to
determine appropriate handling procedures and PPE required.
- Complete the volume of work required to achieve
group/departmental goals and meet deadlines.
- Communicate the status of operations and bring deviations to
the attention of the Supervisor.
- Provide complete and accurate records consistent with quality
- Ensure all applicable logbooks have been filled out completely
as required by current procedures.
- Interact with other departments as needed.
- Identify opportunities for process improvement and participate
in process improvements under the guidance ofthe Supervisor.
- Report and take the necessary action to resolve any unsafe
- Adhere to process requirements in a continuous change
- Use leanand six sigma practicestooptimize efficiency and
eliminate waste from the process flow.
- Maintain (clean, calibrate, etc.) equipment using established
- Maintain a clean audit-ready workarea.
- Keep current on alltraining requirements.
- Lift, push, and or pull up to 80lbs
- Wear necessary PPE
- Routine use of all quantities of all classes of chemicals
- Work in a dry room environment
Who You Are:
- Associate Degree in the Life or Physical Sciences or related
discipline OR HS Diploma or GED Equivalent with 2+ years of
experience working in the chemical industry.
- 2+ years working with Microsoft Excel and Word
- Bachelor's degree in life of physical sciences or higher
- Experience working with SAP
- Experience with Microsoft Office platforms
- Ability to independently review safety data sheets
anddetermineappropriate handling precautions and personal
protective equipment required.
- Strong time management and attention to detail.
- Driven to perform individually andas a member of ateam
- Approaches all tasks with an independent initiative
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
What we offer: With us, there are always opportunities to break
new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our
diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons.
We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw
your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and
priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!
Curious? Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No
employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against
on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual
orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or
veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender
status, marital status, or any other classification protected by
applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal
Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs
relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation,
benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and
conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes
they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone
acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their
Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately.
The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they
made a good faith report of discrimination.
Keywords: Merck KGaA, St. Louis , QC Logistics Technician 3, Other , Saint Louis, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!