The Korte Company is seeking an experienced Project Estimator to
join our Preconstruction Services Team in Highland, IL or St.
Louis, MO. This person will be an integral part of securing new,
profitable work for The Korte Company.
ABOUT THIS OPPORTUNITY
Korte estimators are vital contributors to our business.
Estimators perform valuable, important work and through exposure to
many, different projects learn many facets of the construction
field. The work is fast-paced estimators work on 10 to 15 projects
Most of our projects are design-build giving our estimators the
opportunity to learn and apply problem solving and team building
skills. Since we work all across the United States, our estimators
gain exposure to different construction methods and local
conditions and practices. Our training is hands on and our
employees are self-directed.
- Utilize software to determine the scope of the project and
prepare cost estimates
- Locate potential vendors and trade contractors interested in
working with Korte
- Pre-qualify vendors and trade contractors based on their
experience and financial capability
- Determine how to package work among trade contractors to
optimize project cost and schedule
- Work directly with architects and engineers to select the
building systems best suited for meeting the project
- Visit project sites to investigate field conditions and meet
with local trade contractors
- Evaluate and analyze subcontractor/supplier proposals and make
recommendations for trade contractor selection
- Work with project managers to develop project schedules
- Collaborate and coordinate with designers, project managers,
and senior estimators to develop project capture and execution
- Communicate with and coordinate the scope of trade contractors
as they prepare their proposals
- Manage the flow of information to the project team.
These characteristics are representative of those sought to
perform this job successfully.
- 3+ years of commercial construction estimating experience
- Strong knowledge of construction building methods
- Desire to succeed with short and long-term goals
- Desire to work with clients, designers, subcontractors and
construction staff in a team environment
- Strong work ethic, a great attitude and ability to thrive in an
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Listening skills
- Ability to travel (typically 1-2 day trips)Post-secondary
construction related degree from an accredited university
ABOUT THE KORTE COMPANY
The Korte Company was founded in 1958 on the belief that
professionalism, innovation, quality and value added services are
fundamental to a successful company. More than sixty years later,
that philosophy has earned Korte the reputation for delivering high
quality, responsive services to our clients nationwide. Korte
builds construction projects from offices in St. Louis, MO,
Highland, IL, Norman, OK, Las Vegas, NV, and Houston, TX.
This position is eligible for our competitive benefits package
including medical, dental, vision, life, 401(k) and company paid
holidays. Only fully qualified candidates should apply. No phone
calls, direct mailings or drop-in inquiries allowed. The Korte
Company is an Equal Opportunity
Employer Affirmative Action M/F/Vet/Disability.